Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Director of Operations
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Operations works closely with the Chief Medical Officer, Practice Managers, and Lead clinical staff to provide support to all staff in the assigned clinical and administrative site(s). This position overseas the daily administration and all operational activities of the site(s). Plans, develops and implements systems that assure the site’s smooth operation. Works collaboratively with the medical staff and all other departments to ensure that the goals of the health center are accomplished.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Facilitates communication among Practice Managers, staff, other Directors and departments. Facilitator for communication among staff members. Schedules meetings to collect and disseminate information. Distributes written communication as needed.
• In collaboration with Chief Operations Officer, ensures that all patients presenting for care are seen in a timely manner.
• Ensures clinical and support staff scheduling is appropriate staffing levels to maintain site target goals.
• Collaborates with clinical supervisors to formulate the review policies, establish procedures and standards to eliminate problems in the areas of patient care, workflow and to enhance quality and consistency of patient care.
• Works with Chief Operations Officer to conduct effective, accurate and timely performance appraisals of non-clinical staff. Redirects behavior not in line with health center guidelines or performance expectations working with Human Resources in a timely fashion. Evaluations include examples that illustrate statements.
• Part of the interview team for hiring and ensuring adequate orientation and training of all staff members at the site(s). Communicates performance expectations during orientation and monitors compliance with performance standards. Mentors and trains all staff on the non-clinical aspects of their job duties. Sets realistic goals for personnel to maximize productivity.
• Works with site practice managers on all scheduling functions related to reception, medical assisting and nursing departments, including coverage for absences, vacations and illness. Ensures time and attendance for all clinical and non-staff is documented appropriately.
• Is responsible for oversight of daily practice flow. Checks clinic schedules in Nextgen to ensure accuracy and reports back to COO.
• Collaborates with the Quality Coordinator in ongoing quality improvement programs to ensure that quality safety and appropriateness of services are evaluated, monitored and appropriate actions are taken.
• Is a proponent of the improvement process. Initiates and evaluates strategies which improve patient care and departmental services. Participates in health Center-wide quality assurance activities as requested. Assesses sites needs and recommends changes as needed.
• Assists Chief Operations Officer to ensure that systems which support providers are well coordinated with the work of the providers, including nursing, reception, prior authorization and referral support.
• Fosters a positive work environment by monitoring job satisfaction and identifying and supporting staff education and development. Conducts and facilitates various meetings and interactions to ensure health center effectiveness. Participates in all scheduled departmental meetings and other center-wide meetings as requested.
• Ensures all customer service issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
• Assists Chief Operations Officer with documentation and computerized and paper files of all risk management requirements.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Subject Matter Expert:
• Is a subject matter expert and keeps knowledge current by attending required trainings and meetings.
• Knowledge of and respect for HIPAA regulations.
• Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
• Business Acumen:
o Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
o Sets and achieves challenging goals.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities;
o Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views;
o Gives and welcomes feedback;
o Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills:
o Highest degree of professionalism and ethics:
• Handles issues with tact and diplomacy.
• Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Upholds organizational values
o Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
o Takes initiative, follows through, and manages different tasks with quick turn-around time.
o Works well under pressure, and with minimal supervision.
• Organizational skills:
o Follows CHP policies and procedures.
o Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
o Excellent time-management skills.
• Verbal and Written Communication Skills:
o Prepares and presents statistical and other reports oral or written as required.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Healthcare professional with at least five years of experience in ambulatory healthcare particularly in health centers.
• Must work well within a multidisciplinary team and have excellent interpersonal, computer and personnel management skills. Willing and able to learn from and teach others.
• Five years’ experience and/or training in management/supervision strongly preferred.
• Computer skills including word, excel and EMR experience.
• Bilingual preferred. Familiar with diverse community in Berkshire County and commitment to the underserved strongly preferred.
• Frequent travel to sites is a requirement