Weld and fabricate metal assemblies, maintains responsibility for all tools and equipment assigned to the group, works in conjunction with other crews and lead persons.
• Wear and maintain personal protective equipment at all times while strictly adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
• Gathering the materials to be used in the project
• Joins, designs, fabricates, and repairs equipment, structures, and various types of metal objects using an array of welding techniques such as MIG and electric arc
• Measuring and cutting materials to specifications
• Checking finished work to make sure that it falls within the tolerances marked on the blueprint
• Understand, follow and promote all company policies and procedures.
• Insure worksite is clean and prepare to eliminate possible hazards.
• Read productions drawings, plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities and delegate them appropriately.
• Use equipment, power tools, and hands tools as designed and in a safe and effective manner.
• Perform other job functions duties as directed by Supervisor in a safe and effective manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Graduation from high school, military schools, vocational school, recognized craftsman apprenticeship program or equivalent.
• Experience - 1 to 3 years of carpentry, mechanical, manufacturing, production or laborer related experience preferred.
• Carpentry Skills - Knowledge of basic measurements. Ability to use a tape measure to record, mark or communicate physical dimensions preferred.
• Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals preferred.
• Ability to read, understand and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, simple drawings, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively and interact with other team members, and leadership preferred.
Working Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme weather/ harsh temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in most areas of the facility, so attention must be given to signage communicating otherwise. Personal Perfective Equipment required for this position is a (company provided) hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, and (employee provided) steel-toed work boots.
Boxcar Media, LLC North Adams, MA 01247 Tel: 413-663-3384 / Fax: 413-664-4251 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org