The laborer manufactures precast concrete products by preparing molds and casting products, setting rebar, finishing and stripping products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
• Wear and maintain personal protective equipment at all times while strictly adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
• Understand, follow and promote all company policies and procedures.
• Clean and prepare work sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Read productions drawings, plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities.
• Erect or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, nails, bolts and other hand tools.
• Measure, and mark dimensions to layout areas where work will be performed.
• Position, join, align, seal and/or secure structural components, such as rebar, block outs, corbels or cage components.
• Grind, scrape, or sand surfaces such as concrete using abrasive tools or machines.
• Assist with stressing and de-tensioning of strand, including operating stressing pump and other equipment.
• Smooth or finish freshly poured concrete using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered finishing tools.
• Use equipment, power tools, and hands tools as designed and in a safe and effective manner.
• Perform other job functions duties as directed by Crew Leader or Supervisor in a safe and effective manner.
• Demonstrate diligence in maintaining a clean, work environment at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Education - High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
• Experience - 1 to 3 years of carpentry, mechanical, manufacturing, production or laborer related experience preferred.
• Carpentry Skills - Knowledge of basic measurements. Ability to use a tape measure to record, mark or communicate physical dimensions preferred.
• Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals preferred.
• Ability to read, understand and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, simple drawings, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively and interact with other team members, and leadership preferred.
Working Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme weather/ harsh temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in most areas of the facility, so attention must be given to signage communicating otherwise. Personal Perfective Equipment required for this position is a (company provided) hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, and (employee provided) steel-toed work boots.