Come join our team! We are excited to announce an opening for a Second Shift Electrical Trades Technician. This is a full-time, year-round regular appointment reporting to the Mechanical and Electrical Trades Manager. The Electrical Trades Technician will perform assigned duties for work orders related to the maintenance, testing, and operation of all building electrical, fire alarm, security, and campus lighting systems across campus.
Also included are exit and emergency lights, heat cables, emergency power generation systems, building elevators, and chair lifts. The initial schedule for this position will be Monday to Friday 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm. Schedules are subject to change based on the needs of the department, which will include on-call assignments, emergencies and overtime.
The Facilities Department is dedicated to providing excellent service to a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students. Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
• Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
• Valid Massachusetts Electrical license as a Journeyman Electrician or Electrician D preferred, or the ability to obtain Ma licensing within an acceptable time frame.
• Knowledge of integrated systems technology, troubleshooting alarms, and the ability to review control programs preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of NFPA 70E safety protocols, along with general OSHA regulations
• The ability to work without immediate supervision, lift heavy objects up to 75 pounds with assistance, and work on ladders and lifts
• Experience with fire protection systems, their maintenance and installation, is highly preferred. Not limited to but including: Notifier fire alarm, S2 security systems preferred.
• This position is required to be accountable for work planning and scheduling, and to have a broad knowledge of all phases of construction and planned maintenance processes
• Valid driver's license
Review of resumes will begin May 19, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.