Berkshire Health Systems seeks a junior level communications and development professional in the Office of Advancement to help support the BHS mission. The coordinator will be a key member of a dynamic team focused on developing and supporting high-level strategic communications, community relations, and philanthropic growth in a complex healthcare environment.
The advancement coordinator must be an energetic, self-starter with excellent organizational skills, a high level of computer literacy, and meticulous attention to detail. They will work closely with advancement colleagues to manage development relationships, produce, and coordinate correspondence, create reports to understand and track progress, maintain all aspects of the organization’s fundraising database, and perform various administrative functions.
The advancement coordinator must be effective in planning, prioritizing, and executing tasks in a timely manner. They must also exhibit skills in building and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure the continuous and smooth flow of operations within the office. This person should be comfortable taking the initiative when faced with administrative decisions. The ideal candidate is approachable and respectful, and comfortable with new technology.
The advancement coordinator will report to the executive director of the department, and will interface with donors, community members, health system leaders, and various constituencies within the health system including the BHS Director of Development and the Communications and Development Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide executive assistant support for the Advancement Office and function as first point of contact with both internal and external audiences, taking initiative to manage workflow and resolve questions on behalf of the executive director, as appropriate
• Interact directly with donors and other constituents, demonstrating good judgment and discretion and representing BHS with the highest degree of excellence, while handling sensitive and confidential information
• Maintain information in fundraising database including biographical information, fund designation, receipts, and acknowledgments as appropriate, producing queries, reports, and mail merges
• Write, proofread, edit, and review correspondence and other written materials upon request and interpret information necessary to draft responses as needed.
• Arrange meetings with prospects, donors, volunteers, and hospital staff
• Prepare memos, letters, briefings, agendas, presentations, reports, data, and other correspondence, as well as maintain files and records
• Coordinate and actively participate in various Advancement Office projects and events
• Prepare reports, presentations, and data,
• Produce prospect research and stewardship materials
• Field routine phone calls, take accurate messages, and manage other departmental administrative functions as assigned
• Prepare check requests and purchase orders, submits bills for payment, and maintains all financial records for the department
• Reconcile advancement records and prepare regular reporting for Accounting Department
Sincere interest in philanthropy and advancing the organization’s mission of health and wellness for all in the Berkshires
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently under pressure of multiple and sequential deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong proofreading ability
• Superb organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent computer literacy and word processing skills using Microsoft Products
• Previous experience with fundraising databases, especially Raiser’s Edge, is strongly preferred.
• Flexibility in work style and the ability to multitask
• Enthusiastic attitude and an appreciation for a fast-paced, professional environment
• Must be able to staff evening/weekend events, as needed
• Two years development or related experience; familiarity with healthcare institutions is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
|Sep 28||Part Time||Unit Assistant 32hr Nights Emergency Dept||Berkshire Health Systems||Pittsfield|
|Sep 28||Full Time||Pharmacy Program Coordinator - Admin Assistant||Berkshire Health Systems|
|Sep 28||Full Time||Cook||Berkshire Health Systems||Pittsfield|
|Sep 28||Full Time||
||Berkshire Health Systems||North Adams|
|Sep 28||Part Time||Nursing Assistant -Evening and Nights||Berkshire Health Systems||Pittsfield|
|Sep 25||Full Time||LPN Physician Practice - Monday thru Friday, No Weekends||Berkshire Health Systems||Pittsfield|
|Sep 25||$50k + Full Time||Staff Nurse - Evenings||Berkshire Health Systems||Pittsfield|
|Sep 25||$50k + Full Time||LPN - Physician Practice, South County||Berkshire Health Systems||Great Barrington|
|Sep 25||$50k + Full/Part||Staff Nurse: 3 West, Shift 2||Berkshire Health Systems||Pittsfield|
|Sep 18||$50k + Full Time||Imaging Support Specialist||Berkshire Health Systems||Pittsfield|