Company Description: PCTV is a community television station, operating Public, Educational, and Governmental Access Television (“PEG Access”) available to cable TV viewers on three channels in the Time Warner Cable service area, and serves people who live or work in the City of Pittsfield.
Coordinator of Advancement & Community Production
To Commensurate With Experience
Pittsfield Community Television is Pittsfield’s Public, Education and Government Access Television station. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization, PCTV’s mission is to provide access to the medium of television and related technologies, including training, production facilities, and cablecast time, to public, educational, and governmental constituencies located in and/or serving the City of Pittsfield, Massachusetts, and to provide the Pittsfield community with local television programming. It has served this vital role to the community since its inception in 1986.
PCTV is a non-profit membership organization that operates three television channels and a full-power non-commercial educational radio station, 89.7 WTBR-FM, Pittsfield Community Radio. We provide access to broadcast equipment, training, and air time to the community, with a facility located in Pittsfield, MA. We are a financially stable organization, with a funding structure that relies on a percentage of cable company revenues to support the majority of our annual budget. We are positioning our organization to achieve sustainability and growth using new fund development strategies.
Pittsfield Community Television seeks a dynamic, innovative and agile Coordinator of Advancement and Community Production to move our organization forward. This team member will cultivate funding opportunities for PCTV and WTBR-FM and maintain a pipeline of philanthropic and fee-for-service opportunities aligned with community television and radio production efforts, in support of the mission of the organization. In addition, this team member will drive community engagement using marketing and communication skills and tools. Finally, the successful candidate will assist in creating local television and radio programming that is valued by the community. This position reports to, and works directly alongside, the Executive Director.
• Responsible for all corporate underwriting, public support, production services, and grant opportunities
• Serve in the role of account executive to corporate underwriters
• Build and maintain relationships with accounts and maintain a pipeline of potential accounts
• Identify philanthropic opportunities within the organization’s existing media properties
• Engage the community through building relationships and communication skills and tools
• Coordinate, write copy, and submit content for the organization’s external communication, including marketing, outreach, email, and social media efforts
• Work with the Executive Director to maintain and update the annual development plan
• Act as staff liaison to the Board of Directors’ Fundraising Committee
• Organize and help set goals for all on- and off-air fundraising events
• Coordinate some programs directly produced by Pittsfield Community Television
• Create and manage an annual production plan and calendar for PCTV-produced community productions
• Embrace the mission of Pittsfield Community Television
• Excellent writing and messaging, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience in fundraising and marketing strategies
• Self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor and underwriter visits
• Exceptionally detail oriented. Exhibit follow-through on tasks and goals
• Experience with achieving or exceeding KPIs
• Proficient in the execution of social media marketing strategies and techniques
• Experience working with and motivating volunteer members, board members, and staff
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Three years minimum experience in sales or professional fund development
• Have a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
• Lift up to 35 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
• A background in and understanding of nonprofit organizations, and specifically, Public, Education and Government (“PEG”) access television, and public / non-commercial radio
• Television and radio production experience
• Graphic design and desktop publishing knowledge
• Grant-writing skills and experience a plus
• Familiarity with Pittsfield and the Berkshire County community
The position is a 40 hour/week, full-time, exempt position, and is supervised by the Executive Director of Pittsfield Community Television. Work schedule will include occasional evenings, weekends and holidays. Compensation package includes a salary in the range from $42,000 – 47,000 annually, commensurate with experience; employer-sponsored health insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; and PTO package. EOE: people of color, women, veterans strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email PDF resume and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com, to the attention of Hiring Manager, with the subject “Advancement and Community Production Position.” Please, no phone calls, direct solicitation of staff or board through social media, or hard copies of materials delivered through the postal service or in person.
Application materials due by Wednesday, May 22 at 5:00 PM.