Company Description: The Country Store at Jiminy Peak is a small, family-owned store located on The Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort in Hancock, Massachusetts. We are open 7am - 7pm 365 days per year. We provide a full line of merchandising including: deli, wine, beer, spirits, clothing, souvenirs and more. Our store slogan is
Some High School Coursework
The Store at Jiminy Peak in Hancock, MA is pleased to announce an opening for a Breakfast/Prep Cook. The Breakfast/Prep Cook will be a highly organized, reliable person who has short order cooking experience, knowledge of baking, and strong knife skills.
The Store at Jiminy Peak will offer the right candidate:
• An hourly wage commensurate with experience.
• Some flexibility in scheduling, the initial schedule being 6 am – 12 pm, subject to change based upon the needs of The Store during peak and slow seasons.
Working under the supervision of the General Manager, the Breakfast/Prep Cook is responsible for:
• Opening The Store in the morning at 6:00 am.
• Baking and warming muffins, scones, and bagels.
• Setting up the breakfast sandwich station.
• Preparation of breakfast sandwiches during service.
• Heating soups or other items for lunch service.
• Cleaning and restocking the breakfast station items for the next day.
• Some cold food preparation, if time allows.
• Receiving and stocking incoming goods and product.
• Assisting with the overall sanitation of the kitchen, equipment, and storage areas according to ServSafe and Massachusetts Food Code standards.
ServSafe and Food Allergan certification will be expected, with costs associated for certification provided by The Store.
• 3 years cooking experience
• Ability to manage an early morning schedule
• Knowledge of food sanitation regulations
• Ability to work in a small kitchen environment
• Enthusiastic, energetic, and possess strong customer service skills
• Knowledge of basic baking technique
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift heavy objects
• Ability to relate to customers and staff in a professional manner
Conditions of Employment:
Prior to the interview process, The Store will verify background information, professional references, and education submitted by the applicant. Please submit a resume including a list of professional references with contact information.