10 Betnr Industrial Drive
Lenco is proud to serve as the nation’s leading designer and builder of tactical armored vehicles for Police, Fire, EMS, Military and Government agencies worldwide. Lenco is a well-respected, family-owned & operated business in our third generation and has been quietly growing in the Berkshires since 1981. With over 110 employees and three Pittsfield manufacturing facilities totaling over 160,000 SF, our staff enjoys clean, bright, organized workspaces; top notch equipment and company safety protocols that prioritize our employees’ health, safety and well-being. Our company culture reflects a cooperative team spirit and feeling of accomplishment producing world class response & rescue vehicles that are highly regarded and internationally recognized as protecting and saving countless lives. Our business is growing, and we seek hard-working & dedicated people who value the pay, benefits, work environment and job satisfaction our company offers. Please visit www.LencoArmor.com to learn more.
|Salary Range:||Location:||$25-$28 Per Hour || Pittsfield
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Resources/Recruiting
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
SHRM-CP or PHR certification - Preference: Preferred|
JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including administering payroll, recording leave, reviewing job applications from prospective employees, managing and overseeing records, generating reports and supporting company policies and practices.
- Will oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of HR Assistant in the department
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains employee records, ensuring completion and accuracy of details such as employee contact information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure, and other key details.
- Manage the Time and Attendance HR system on a daily and weekly schedule as the basis of the payroll system
- Maintains accurate records of active job openings and received applications; manages internal and external job postings.
- Reviews applications for open positions; conducts and/or schedules preliminary interviews.
- Conducts I-9 and Background checks, as well as prepares new hire paperwork and conducts new hire orientation in advance of a new employee’s start date.
- Conducts and assists with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Performs administrative and recordkeeping tasks related to staffing changes, which may include layoffs, resignations, terminations, and extended leaves of absence.
- Handles the administration of employee benefits, which may include collecting and submitting employee information and notice of change in status to health, dental, life, disability, and other insurance carriers or insurance brokers.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Conducts and collaborates with other managers in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Supports company-wide information meetings such as open enrollment, new hire orientation, and meetings to announce or discuss changes in retirement or benefits plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the human resource field
- Understanding of state and federal employment regulations
- Awareness of OSHA regulations and compliance
- Understanding of personnel and compliance records management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems, in particular ADP