Community Health Programs
PO Box 30
Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Additional Business Name: CHP North Adams Family Dental
|$7,000 SIGN ON BONUS!! Dental Hygienist - FULL OR PART TIME - (NAFD)|
|Salary Range:||Location:||$36-$39 Per Hour || North Adams
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Dentist, Dental Hygienist
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Valid Massachusetts license to practice as a Dental Hygienist. - Preference: Required|
Maintain a current CPR license. - Preference: Required
The Dental Hygienist provides patient education, intra-oral and extra-oral screenings of every patient seen, prophylaxis cleaning and polishing of the teeth, and Root Scaling and Planning for periodontal disease per practice protocols and as directed by the dentist. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Dental Hygienist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome all assigned patients.
- Conduct a medical and dental history with every patient contacting outside physicians when appropriate prior to care.
- Complete a thorough intra and extra oral exam for all patients.
- Take dental radiographs when appropriate.
- Provide prophylaxis cleaning and polishing of teeth.
- Provide root scaling and planing of teeth.
- Provide appropriate patient education as needed example: periodontal disease.
- Confer with treating dentist on all patients seen.
- Make necessary referrals to specialists where appropriate based upon practice guidelines.
- Document all patient activity in the patient chart.
- Sets up and breaks down treatment room between patients.
- Performs any lab tasks pertinent to role as assigned by the clinical manager and/or dentist.
- Follows all safety protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Answers phones as needed.
- Schedules new and established patent appointments as needed.
- In instances where a late emergency arrives, support the Dental Center Practice Manager or in his/her absence, the dentist on duty by supporting the care team where appropriate with service through patient’s final discharge.
- Observe and cooperate with the security of the Dental center at all time.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Manual Dexterity
- Interpersonal Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Physical Stamina
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have graduated with Associates in Dental Hygiene from an accredited school.
- Must have a valid Massachusetts license to practice as a Dental Hygienist.
- Maintain a current CPR license.
- Attend continuing education meetings at the dental center when scheduled.
- Be efficient and proficient in Dentrix and any other software required at the Dental Center.