Overview of Role:
Williams is pleased to announce an opening for a Science and Health Professions Specialist with the ’68 Center for Career Exploration! We are seeking a dynamic and motivated professional to join our advising team and to support the Science and Health Professions Career Community in our robust and fast-paced 12-month career education and preparation program. This individual provides critical administrative, operational, logistical, advising, and program development support for all initiatives associated with the Science and Health Professions program within the ’68 Center as well as for the Director of Science and Health Professions Advising.
The Science and Health Professions Specialist will support the mission of the college to provide a nurturing educational environment. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups or who have experience working with a broadly diverse student population to apply.
Support the operations of the Science and Health Professions Career Community in serving the academic and postgraduate advising needs of the science and pre-health professions student and alumni populations:
- Provide advising for first-year students interested in science and health professions
- Provide general information and administrative support to students and alumni pursuing a health professions career and/or a career in the sciences
- Contribute to the development of and participate as an active member in critical faculty advisory groups such as the Health Professions Committee
- Conduct Health Professions Committee applicant interviews and contribute to the writing of committee letters for medical and dental school applications
- Provide training, mentorship, and direct supervision for Peer Career Advisor(s)
- Collaborate with the Director and Peer Career Advisor to design and facilitate learning opportunities for students throughout the calendar year (including Winter Study)
- Maintain and manage the pre-health email listserv, newsletter, and communications
- Develop resources and digital content for the website; edit and maintain the website
- Participate in and support the overall functioning of the ’68 Center and its initiatives
- Serve as member of the Career Access Fund committee
- Perform other duties as needed
Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education required
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with students, alumni and faculty and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population of constituents
- Proficiency in office computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and knowledge of website design/editing is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of health professions programs, selection criteria, and application requirements and systems is a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an inclusive community and working with students, alumni, faculty/staff and potential employers from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and fields
How to Apply:
Application review will begin on March 22, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. Pay range is $48,000-$56,000, commensurate with experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment:
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.