1040 MASS MoCA Way
MASS MoCA is one of the world's liveliest (and largest) centers for making and enjoying today's most important art, music, dance, theater, film, and video. Hundreds of works of visual and performing art have been created on its 19th-century factory campus during fabrication and rehearsal residencies, making MASS MoCA among the most productive sites in the country for the creation and presentation of new art. More platform than box, MASS MoCA strives to bring to its audiences art experiences that are fresh, engaging, and transformative.
Additional Business Name: MASS MoCA
|Maintenance & Construction Staff
|$19.00 Per Hour
| North Adams
|High School or Equivalent
Maintenance, Taping, Painting - Preference: Preferred
MASS MoCA is looking for candidates with a range of maintenance experience, with a particular experience in painting and taping.
At MASS MoCA maintenance staff are responsible for the maintenance and repair of all institutional buildings and grounds, including but not limited to construction, repair, and renovation of buildings and related structures, grounds maintenance, fixtures and utilities, requiring the use of a variety of trade practices such as carpentry, flooring, drywall, cement and masonry work, painting, welding, roofing, landscaping and other related trades.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing various carpentry assignments, including;
- Painting and taping
- Wall construction framing, drywall, finishing
- Assisting in preparation for special museum functions by setting up facilities
- All aspects of lawn and grounds care, including occasional trash removal for festivals and large events
- All aspects of snow and ice removal including shoveling, sanding, and operating snow blowers and snow plows
- Ideal applicants will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience performing maintenance work; including taping and painting
- Ideal must have experience with equipment and materials used to perform maintenance work, including skills in using power tools
- Applicants must be able to follow verbal and written instructions, and would ideally be able to read and interpret documents such as plans, blueprints, specifications, and drawings.
- Applicants must be able to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, staff members, and others at the museum.
- Must be OSHA 10-hour trained, have equivalent demonstrable safety knowledge, or be able to achieve certification
- May need to work varied shifts or irregular hours as needed
- Ability to work on weekends/holidays is a must
- May be required to operate motor vehicles based on the assignment.
Maintenance staff must be able to work indoors and outdoors and may be exposed to adverse weather conditions.
Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds or greater; are required to climb ladders and scaffolds.
As defined by the National Labor Relations Act, this position is part of the bargaining unit for UAW Local 2110.
MASS MoCA strongly encourages employees to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations.