At SoCo Creamery we believe in spreading happiness one scoop at a time with our handcrafted, micro-batched ice cream made right here in South County (hence our name…get it?) with the best ingredients the Berkshires have to offer. We’re as local as” local” gets. Our ice cream is made at our factory right here, in Great Barrington, just a mile away from our scoop shop.
Our micro-batch magic was born from a passion for fresh yummy food; long before it was cool to be a “foodie”. Started in 1989 SoCo Creamery was pioneering the super-premium ice cream explosion!! For over 20 years we’ve been a Berkshire destination & cure all. We’ve mended broken hearts, curbed tantrums and helped end days on a sweeter note.
We believe that 2 scoops are always better than 1 and that life is SWEET!
|Salary Range:||Location:|| To Commensurate With Experience || Great Barrington
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Restaurant/Cooking/Food Service
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
ServSafe Food Handler - Preference: Nice to have|
|Shift Managers are responsible for oversight of the store during periods where the Manager or Assistant Manager is not present.|
They are also responsible for:
- Opening, running, and closing the store according to the established procedures, ensuring that all items are stocked and all surfaces are cleaned;
- Coordinating up to 9 staff during the store’s busiest periods, ensuring that customers are handled and that the store is stocked and clean;
- Assisting the Manager and Assistant Manager in training, coaching, and developing staff;
- Collaborating with Scoopers and to gather feedback about store improvements;
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the staff to be aware of logistical, procedural, and interpersonal issues, and passing recommendations to the Manager and Assistant Manager;
- Setting the highest standard for service and work ethic, and being an example that Scoopers can rely on.
Candidates should be:
- Proven communicators used to taking and acting on constructive feedback;
- Experience in direct management of 5+ employees;
- Detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated;
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
|Candidates should have:|
- Prior experience in retail, preferably in a similar management role;
- Experience in food and beverage, with specialty food experience a plus;
- A proven ability to problem-solve, including in high-pressure situations;
- A genuine passion for customer service;
- A valid ServSafe Food Handler or Manager’s certificate, or apply for one within the first 30 days of employment.