Company Description: Berkshire Precision Tool, LLC is a privately held, US manufacturer of performance and applications specific, carbide cutting tools. We are headquartered and manufacture in the Berkshires in Pittsfield, MA.
We market our products under the Data Flute brand. Data Flute is recognized as an industry leader in precision, performance carbide end mills.
High School or Equivalent
Berkshire Precision Tool, LLC, a leading supplier of American-made, industrial cutting tools, is seeking a qualified Production Supervisor for our production facility located in Pittsfield, MA. This person will be responsible primarily for the cost-effective utilization of manpower and capital resources required to operate a group of manufacturing departments.
• Supervise the production activity within the assigned manufacturing departments to achieve a level of daily throughput.
• Set priorities, schedule and assign work within the assigned departments. Coordinate activities with other departments.
• Ensure the timely completion of quality audits in assigned manufacturing departments.
• Interview, select, train and evaluate performance to maintain a flexible, efficient and well-motivated workforce.
• Participate in the development and implementation of cost reduction and productivity improvement programs.
• Prepare reports and be prepared to discuss with management status of department metrics, workload and current projects.
• Interpret and supervise special work requirements.
• Work with maintenance department to schedule the repair and maintenance of manufacturing equipment to minimize disruption of the production schedule.
• Enforce all Company regulations and policies, especially those relating to safety.
• Perform other duties as necessary or appropriate to the position.
• High School graduate
• 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience
• 5 years of manufacturing experience
• Must be computer proficient and have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to prioritize workload
• Self-starter with a desire to improve production
• Very well organized
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to effectively manage and motivate personnel