Company Description: Pathlight Group is a non-profit organization in Western Massachusetts that has been creating opportunities, building relationships, and improving the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families for 60 years. We are a dynamic organization with a deep commitment to our mission. We have a strong reputation for high quality services. Additional information can be found on our website, www.pathlightgroup.org.
Creating opportunities, building relationships, improving lives for children and adults with developmental disabilities are the heart and soul of the work we do at Pathlight, Inc.
Pathlight is known for high quality services for children and adults with developmental disabilities, and support for their families and for others who will benefit from our services. Pathlight is also known as a leader and innovator in our field.
Individuals and families feel listened to and respected, and have information needed to make decisions to meet their goals through their lives.
Services are responsive to the ethnic and cultural diversity of the communities we serve.
Employees feel valued, demonstrate competence, and are supported in their professional growth.
Internal operations are efficiently structured to deliver quality services, growth and innovation.
Direct Support Professionals (Easthampton, MA)
High School or Equivalent
CPR, First Aid, MAP, Safety Care - Preference: Nice to have
Pay Rate: Starts at $13.13/hr increase in the first 6 months to $14.58/hr after completing trainings.
Do you have a desire to help support individuals with developmental disabilities, to promote dignity, safety, health, and happiness within their own home? Would you like to work for a nonprofit organization that believes people with developmental disabilities should be welcomed, contributing members of their communities? Here at Pathlight we pursue this commitment through an innovative and energetic approach, reflective of the pioneering spirit that brought us together.
What's in it for you?
• No experience required, we provide paid on the job trainings (no cost to you!)
• Helping others to live safe, happy and dignified lives!
• Take the individuals to community activities/outings: (movies, dinner, concerts, etc.) - at no cost to you!
• Transporting/escorting individuals to their appointments
• Build trust and empathy through consistent and meaningful communication
• Administering medications and utilizing assistive medical devices
• Promoting positive behavior
• Assist in the implementation of medical, behavioral, and/or clinical team care plans.
• Assisting with tasks related to personal hygiene which may include: feeding, dressing, bathing, restroom assistance, etc.
• Complete housekeeping, laundering and general maintenance duties as assigned
Multiple full time positions available.
If you are unable to apply online, apply in person at either of our office locations:
101 Munson St. Greenfield, MA 01301 / Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
220 Brookdale Dr. Springfield, MA 01104 / Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
• At least 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Driver's License
• Reliable Transportation
• Acceptable Driving Record & CORI
• Provide two professional references