Class B CDL & Hoisting License 2A & 4G - Preference: Preferred
Position is a multi-skilled position, under the supervision of the Superintendent and/or Foreman of the Highway/Cemetery Department. Work requires knowledge and operations of heavy equipment and special tools used in the operation of the Highway, Sewer and Cemetery Departments. Work may be heavy and be performed under adverse weather and adverse working conditions.
l. Set up and maintains a maintenance schedule for all Highway and Cemetery Departments' equipment and other departments if requested by the Superintendent.
2. Carries out an equipment maintenance program, necessary repairs, and ensuring all equipment is in safe working condition at all times. This may require repairs to be outside of normal working hours.
3. Reviews and address all problems or needed repairs that are written or verbally conveyed to the mechanic by equipment operators.
4 . Establishes or continues a record for each individual piece of equipment in the Departments.
Recording any work performed on equipment and a cost of material needed to make repairs.
5. Performs inspections of fuel, hydraulic and electrical systems of equipment.
6. Prepares order forms and directs the order of materials, supplies and equipment necessary to expedite cost effective repairs. Recommends the purchase of equipment and tools.
7. Must maintain a clean and safe working area.
8. Heavy lifting will be requited at times, working in adverse weather conditions (repairs at scene of breakdown), work is performed in the presence of grease, oil, fumes, etc.
9. Perform other duties, as assigned by Superintendent and/or Foreman, in the operation of the Highway and Cemetery Department.