Company Description: Lenco is the nation’s leading designer and manufacturer of Tactical Armored Security Vehicles for Response and Rescue missions. We serve all Law Enforcement, Military and Government security agencies and are a prominent supplier both domestically and internationally. Lenco is a privately-held, family-owned company in business since 1981. We have 110 employees and three manufacturing facilities in Pittsfield, MA. with nearly 160,000 sf of factory and office space. Lenco armored vehicles are in all the top US cities and in use in over 45 countries around the world. Our business is growing and we are expanding to meet worldwide demand. Please visit www.LencoArmor.com to learn more.
PDM File Management - Preference: Required
Model Based Defintion Experience - Preference: Required
ERP System Experience - Preference: Required
Automotive or Sheet Metal Background - Preference: Required
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Basics - Preference: Required
JOB SUMMARY: The CAD Operator position develops and maintains Models and Drawings in accordance with manufacturing methods, product specifications, and quality standards. Improves legacy model health, as well as creates new models to the highest standard. This Individual will need to be self-motivated, and work proficiently as part of a team, as well as independently.
• Create/maintain 3D models for parts, weldments and assemblies utilizing SolidWorks 3D solid modeling.
• Creates/maintains engineering drawings for production to consistently reproduce the design and verifies the engineering data conforms to the original design goals and department standards.
• Assists in the creation and maintenance of Bills of Material (BOM) for manufactured and purchased parts used throughout the production process via PDM and internal ERP systems.
• Design, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineers
• Customer and vendor interaction
• Production, Sales, Quality, Technical Services and Purchasing Departments
• One (1) to five (5) years of related work experience
• PDM file management experience.
• MBD (Model Based Definition) Experience
• ERP system experience
• Automotive or sheet metal background
• Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing basics
• Hands on experience with welding, fabricating, machining and/or production assembly work
• Degree or Certificate in Drafting and Design/CAD Engineering or related
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong experience with SolidWorks
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
• Proficient with Microsoft desktop applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Must be able to pass physical exam
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
• Must be able to climb into, onto and under vehicle
• Extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, squatting and kneeling
• Vision a minimum 20/40 with or without corrective lenses
• Good hearing
• Lenco Industries supports and complies with all Federal and State Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) requirements. All employees are required to comply with and participate in all Lenco Industries’ SHE programs. Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Working safely is a precondition of employment.
• Heated and well-ventilated factory with bright lighting and epoxied floors
• Work shirts provided
• Team Environment with periodic company luncheons and celebratory functions
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions