Company Description: Lenco is the nation’s leading designer and manufacturer of Tactical Armored Security Vehicles for Response and Rescue missions. We serve all Law Enforcement, Military and Government security agencies and are a prominent supplier both domestically and internationally. Lenco is a privately-held, family-owned company in business since 1981. We have 110 employees and three manufacturing facilities in Pittsfield, MA. with nearly 160,000 sf of factory and office space. Lenco armored vehicles are in all the top US cities and in use in over 45 countries around the world. Our business is growing and we are expanding to meet worldwide demand. Please visit www.LencoArmor.com to learn more.
High School or Equivalent
Inventory Control Experience - Preference: Required
Driver's License - Preference: Required
Forklift Certification - Preference: Nice to have
JOB SUMMARY: The Stock Room Manager is responsible for managing the daily flow of materials and paperwork in support of the manufacturing process. This includes receipt, documentation and distribution of materials and management and distribution of consumables and production parts via the Stock Room. The Stock Room Manager also oversees inventory levels throughout the manufacturing environment and reports and maintains accurate counts in the inventory database.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Oversee all aspects of Stock Room Management including but not limited to receiving materials into stock and verifying quantities, part numbers and documentation accuracy
• Prepare necessary documentation for parts and products being sent to customers
• Respond to and coordinate the issuance of parts and supplies to all departments
• Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with ERP system
• Submit purchases requests to the purchasing department
• Maintain and ensure all department equipment is in good working order
• Review work orders and ensure kits are prepared for production department to meet and exceed schedule demands
• Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
• Store, organize, and manage inventory located in the stock room as well as on the production floor
• Complete all documentation including inspection sheets, certificates, and receipts applying signatures as appropriate.
• Review and maintain stocking levels of consumables, hardware, fasteners, etc. in vendor-managed machines
• Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching and counseling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Train and develop stock room staff
• Identify areas for process improvement, cost/waste reduction and continuous improvement
• Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Report and follow up on returns and credits requests
• Coordinate and oversee periodic physical inventory of all parts and related inventory
• Assist outside sales by providing part support and shipping merchandise
• Exercise discretion and individual judgement with respect to Company matters
• Adhere to and carry out existing work practices, procedures and policies
• Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
• Understand and comply with safety and environmental policies
• Undertake relevant training and development as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Purchasing Department
• Human Resources and Supply Chain Manager to hire, coach and appraise stock room staff
• Production Department as well numerous levels of internal staff within a variety of departments
• Customers and vendors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Computer literate
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent listening skills
• Take and understand measurements
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to maintain focus
• Meet deadlines
• Basic math skills required (add, subtract, divide and multiply)
• Reading abilities required (drawings)
• Ability to write
• Follow safety and materials policies and procedures
• Attention to detail
• Mechanical background
• Manufacturing experience
• Must be able to pass physical exam
• Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
• Ability to exert maximum force to pull and carry objects
• Extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, squatting and kneeling
• Vision a minimum 20/40 with or without corrective lenses
• Good hearing