Company Description: Lenco is the nation’s leading designer and manufacturer of Tactical Armored Security Vehicles for Response and Rescue missions. We serve all Law Enforcement, Military and Government security agencies and are a prominent supplier both domestically and internationally. Lenco is a privately-held, family-owned company in business since 1981. We have 110 employees and three manufacturing facilities in Pittsfield, MA. with nearly 160,000 sf of factory and office space. Lenco armored vehicles are in all the top US cities and in use in over 45 countries around the world. Our business is growing and we are expanding to meet worldwide demand. Please visit www.LencoArmor.com to learn more.
High School or Equivalent
The Design Technician is responsible for creating, modifying and prototyping a variety of designs for new and existing vehicles and parts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Design new products and redesign existing parts for vehicles
• Produce SolidWorks drawings and bill of materials for final shop drawings
• Fine tune all new and existing parts for production
• Create solid modeling/prototypes of design projects
• Undertake relevant training and development as required
• Carry out work orders within a realistic time line ensuring that deadlines are met
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Hands-on prototyping and testing of designed parts and accessories
• Welding and metal fabrication of prototypes
• Troubleshoot designs and make necessary adjustments
• Adhere to and carry out existing work practices, procedures and policies.
• Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
• Understand and comply with safety and environmental policies
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Proficient SolidWorks skills and experience
• Welding and metal fabrication experience a plus.
• 3D assembly drawing ability
• Knowledge of drafting standards
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Positive Attitude
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to maintain focus
• Meet deadlines
• Math skills required (add, subtract, divide and multiply)
• Reading abilities required
• Ability to write
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Follow safety and materials policies and procedures
• Attention to detail
• Must be able to pass physical exam
• Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
• Ability to exert maximum force to pull and carry objects
• Extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, squatting and kneeling
• Must be able to climb into, onto and under vehicle
• Vision a minimum 20/40 with or without corrective lenses
• Good hearing
• Lenco Industries supports and complies with all Federal and State Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) requirements. All employees are required to comply with and participate in all Lenco Industries’ SHE programs. Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Working safely is a precondition of employment.
• The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.