Licensed Child Care staff wanted!
New Hire bonus up to $1000* for qualified candidates! See below for details.
The Berkshire Family YMCA is searching for part- and full-time Child Care Teachers. Opportunities in both Pittsfield & North Adams; in Preschool, Infant, and Toddler classrooms This individual needs to be a dynamic, charismatic, leader, who can help support our Child Care Programs.
Has a job ever changed your life?
- Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively impacts people’s lives.
- No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community.
- Working side by side with diverse leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives and strengths, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your community, find your purpose and fuel your passion every day!
- We work relentlessly to strengthen communities, starting with our staff. To help you reach your full potential, the Y offers coaching and training through a comprehensive leadership development and certification system.
Job Duties Include
- Create a safe and healthy environment social-emotionally, physically, and mentally for effective youth development in a Child Care setting
- Foster healthy relationships between children and staff appropriate to the child’s development and level of understanding
- Identify any child issues and behaviors and respond in a positive and effective way.
- Plan developmentally appropriate activities based on the creative curriculum using positive guidance techniques
- Integrate the Y Character Development materials into all lesson plans.
- Provide children with opportunities to develop language and literacy
- Know and enforce all rules and safety guidelines associated with Child Care programs
- Report all incidents and accidents, and fill out applicable forms and paperwork
- Provide daily communication with parents and staff
New Hire Bonus details:
- $1000 for full-time Lead Teacher - $250 after 60 days of employment, $750 after 180 days
- $500 for full-time Teachers - $100 after 60 days of employment, $400 after 180 days