Has a job ever changed your life?
- Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively impacts people’s lives.
- No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community.
- Working side by side with diverse leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives and strengths, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your community, find your purpose and fuel your passion every day!
- We work relentlessly to strengthen communities, starting with our staff. To help you reach your full potential, the Y offers coaching and training through a comprehensive leadership development and certification system.
The Berkshire Family YMCA is searching for a School Age Child Care Coordinator. This individual needs to be a dynamic, charismatic, leader, who can help support our Child Care Leadership Team.
Sample job duties include:
- Collaborate with the Child Care/School Age management team to ensure that effective program execution
- Support administrative and operational demands of School Age and Child Care departments as needed.
- Supports all School Age Child Care sites traveling to and support staff as needed
- Create a safe and healthy environment social-emotionally, physically, and mentally for effective youth development in a Child Care setting
- Foster healthy relationships between children and staff appropriate to the child’s development and level of understanding
- Integrate the Y Character Development principles into interactions
- Know and enforce all rules and safety guidelines associated with Child Care programs
- Report all incidents and accidents, and fill out applicable forms and paperwork
- Provide daily communication with parents and staff
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training
- All other duties assigned by management