Company Description: Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Berkshire Family YMCA, you’ll discover more than a job – you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our staff members – of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences – enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
If you want to work in an environment that promotes Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, please consider the Berkshire Family YMCA.
Additional Business Name: Berkshire Family YMCA
To Commensurate With Experience
1. Performs daily cash management, monthly bank reconciliation, and maintenance of recurring journal entries; reviews and prepares non-recurring journal entries.
2. Reconciles assigned general ledger accounts, including but not limited to, bank/credit drafts.
3. Processes returned checks and drafts in the accounting system.
4. Receives grants and income and prepares the deposit and cash report.
5. Processes office petty cash and replenishes account as needed.
6. Assists in payroll processing and maintenance of payroll system.
7. Organizes resources and deliverables to best meet intended goals and outcomes.
8. Prepares and analyzes the monthly financial statements in relationship to the budget, prior year, and strategic plan. Assists branches with the analysis of their financial statements.
9. May serve as liaison for the day-to-day banking activities.
10. Assists with month end and year end closings.
11. Completes a variety of accounting, financial analysis, and budget projects.
12. Reconciles bank statements and writes up journal entries.
13. Responds to challenges with possible solutions in a timely manner.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred or Associate’s degree in accounting or related field plus at least one year of accounting experience (or equivalent).
• Knowledge of general ledger and accounting functions.
• Knowledge of and expertise with computerized accounting systems and sound working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Must be highly organized and have the ability to work with confidential matters.