The President's Office at MCLA invites applications for an Administrative Assistant to serve as the primary coordinator of the reception area for the President's Office, work as a member of the administrative team providing support to the President's Office and the upper level exectuives. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality in a dynamic, fast-paced setting environment, and must exercise discretion and independent judgement as significant issues arise.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary administrative support and calendar management for Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and upper level executives, as well as additional administrative support for the Executive Assistant to the President and Director of Marketing and Communications. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- administrative and logistical support
- event coordination,
- coordination of meetings and travel,
- preparation/processing of correspondence, reports and presentations; assistance with special projects; and preparation of materials for meetings.
- Serves as the coordinator of the reception area and meeting areas within the President's Office, greets visitors, answers main telephone for the President's Office; acts as back-up for other lines in the President's Office, opens and distributes mail.
- Composes confidential memorandums and correspondence, and collects data and information in support of reports and project management. Tracks responses and manages flow of correspondences.
- Schedules and/or arranges all logistics for conferences, meetings, interviews, appointments, or similar activities as needed, and coordinates all necessary back-up material. Maintains room schedule for President's Office conference rooms.
- Maintains office mailing lists, campus event lists (internal and external events) keeping current, and manages large mailings.
- Manages purchase order creation and tracking and processes invoices for payment and monitors spending to budget for the President's Office and Marketing/Communications department. Processes procurement card expense reports for the Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and upper level executives. Orders office and kitchen supplies, and maintains inventory.
- Assists Executive Assistant with logistics for Board of Trustees meetings, including meeting room reservations, trustee parking, catering, and public notification of meetings. Copies and compiles board materials for meetings.
- Maintains President's division landing pages on website.
- Other duties/projects assigned by supervisor as requested.