Company Description: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Founded in 1894, MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. MCLA is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC), a national consortium positioned at the forefront of the conversation on the value of a liberal arts education. MCLA was named one of U.S. News and World Report's Top Public Schools in 2018.
Audio-Visual Technician I
High School or Equivalent
The Media Services Department invites applicants for a full time, second shift/weekend shift, fully benefited, Audio-Visual Technician I, to perform preventive maintenance and minor repair of audiovisual equipment; operate audiovisual equipment; maintain schedules for the use of audiovisual equipment; requisition supplies; and perform related work as required in support of events and programs on and off campus requiring Audio Visual and Lighting support, including student organizations and clubs, MCLA Presents, and various speaking engagements.
Detailed Statement of Duties:
* Assist in all aspects of the delivery and operation of Media Services including Lighting in the Church Street Center and off-campus venues.
* Assist various offices, faculty and staff with the production of digital audio and visual materials for classroom, campus, web, or pubic media use or distribution.
* Provide the majority of media support for after hours on and off campus events.
* Supervise student employees as needed.
* Performs preventive maintenance and minor repair of audiovisual equipment and decides if equipment should be repaired or replaced.
* Gives technical advice and instructions on such matters as the use, maintenance and repair of audiovisual equipment and methods for making audiovisual presentations or productions.
* Operates audiovisual or lighting equipment in the Church Street Center and off-campus venues.
* Perform major repair or modification of audiovisual and related equipment and develop service procedures as necessary to be followed when new problems arise.
* Maintain inventory levels of all equipment and supplies.
* Participate in setting policies and procedures for operations to include determining schedules for the use or maintenance of equipment.
* H.S. diploma required; A.A.S. or B.A/B.S. in related field preferred.
* Two years experiences in technical support work or equivalent educational background may be substituted.
* Experience with sound reinforcement systems application and operation.
* Experience in provision of media services, including use of AV hardware/software.
* Computer literacy, including experience in digital audio, video and photo editing.
* Photographic/video digital graphics experience.
* Prior Lighting design, installation and operation experience.
* Ability to deal tactfully with Media Services users and staff.
* Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs.
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.
This is a full-time benefited position in the AFSCME bargaining unit. The bi-weekly salary is $1625.22.