Company Description: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Founded in 1894, MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. MCLA is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC), a national consortium positioned at the forefront of the conversation on the value of a liberal arts education. MCLA was named one of U.S. News and World Report's Top Public Schools in 2018.
Disability Resource Specialist
The Disability Resource Assistant reports to the Associate Director of Academic Support & Disability Resources and provides administrative and confidential clerical support for the office including answering telephones, providing information, managing calendars and correspondence, record keeping and data tracking of programs and participants. This position also provides support and coordination of the test proctoring and note-taking programs.
Coordinate class notes for students with notetaking accommodation.
* Receive student request for a note taker. Confirm student schedule. Print and review corresponding class roster. Compose and send email to students on roster. Match student and appropriate note taker. Schedule remote training for all new note takers and secure note taker agreement.
* Check disability resources email routinely for notes. Save notes in corresponding electronic file and distribute digital copies to students. Follow-up on missing notes.
* Maintain program database(s) and tracking spreadsheet.
* Coordinate the distribution of gift cards at end of semester to all eligible note takers.
Provide administrative support to Echo Smart Pen loaner program.
* Apply property tags to and maintain inventory of all echo smart pen devices. Distribute and collect pens each semester according to loaner agreement.
* Maintain spreadsheet of all hardware/ devices including FM systems and micro-recorders.
* Email student reminders to return devices.
Coordinate the proctoring of tests and exams taken at the Disability Resources Testing Center
* Check testing mailbox for proctor requests and tests routinely. Ensure secure, timely and accurate storage and delivery of tests.
* Enter test appointments into calendar and schedule proctor. Convey testing guidelines to proctors, testers and faculty as needed. Follow-up and reschedule missed appointments and late arrivals of tests.
Receive, locate and track student requests for textbooks/materials in alternate formats.
* Fulfill requests by locating books in alternate formats from various sources including Bookshare, Access Text and VitalSource.
* Download text and distribute to student.
* Performs conversion of text to alternate text formats as needed.
Coordinate with facilities to ensure timely placement of ergonomic furniture in classrooms. Placing work orders as needed. Maintain spreadsheet of equipment.
* Properly tag and maintain inventory of ergonomic furniture
* Associate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education
* Two years related experience
* Preference may be given to individuals with experience working with students with disabilities
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty both verbally and in writing
* Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives
* Excellent computer skills are needed
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.
This is a part-time 16-hour non-benefited position. Hourly salary is $21.00. A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.