Company Description: Wingate Healthcare, a Needham based,
privately owned, premier health care
provider, operates and manages high
quality, skilled nursing facilities and
assisted living residences throughout
Massachusetts and New York. With a
reputation for excellence in skilled
nursing, rehabilitation services and
residential care, Wingate Healthcare
communities offer comfortable, dignified
and supportive environments for our
residents. With the resident’s and family’s
needs our first priority, Wingate
Healthcare strives to be the facility of
choice in every community we serve.
Having assembled a leadership team of
nationally recognized industry experts,
Wingate Healthcare is positioned to meet
the challenges of today’s health care
environment. Our key senior management team
carefully balances the operational and
clinical priorities of health care delivery
with the emphasis on achieving positive
outcomes for our residents and their
Wingate is where Healthcare and Hospitality
Additional Business Name: Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place
RN/LPN Per Diem 24 hours
Current Certification as an RN in the State of MA - Preference:
JOB PURPOSE: The RN is responsible for providing professional nursing services as defined in their scope of care to residents under the direction and supervision of the Wellness Director.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
• Participates with members of the interdisciplinary team to plan, coordinate and evaluate residents' care.
• Provides direct care and/or assists with care as directed and consistent with their scope of practice and competency.
• Documents the resident's condition and nursing needs accurately and in a timely manner. Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents promptly to Wellness Director.
• Maintains an accurate and complete 24 hour report book.
• Develops work assignments for Nurse Aides as directed. Provides feedback to Wellness Director regarding performance of Nurse Aides.
• Reports problems and complaints timely to the Wellness Director
• Assists in data collection for admission, transfer and discharge of residents and provides the information to the Wellness Director. Completes clinical admission paperwork. Assists with clinical discharge process.
• Serves on and participates in committees as assigned.
• Communicates needs to housekeeping, maintenance, life enrichment or nutritional services.
• Supports Performance Improvement initiatives.
• Participates in Survey readiness.
• Participates in resident assessment, reviews and revises residents' assessments as needed.
• Coordinates residents' care activities and communicates changes to other team members and resident family/significant other.
• Initiates and assists consultants while providing services. Reviews documentation from consultant visit and follows up on recommendation.
• Committed to working with residents and families to develop and implement strategies that promote person-centered care.
• Applies "5 Star" customer service approach in all aspects of job.
• Actively supports Wingate's commitment to providing "5 Star" service on all quality objectives, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
• Reports to the appropriate managers any known or suspected violations of policy and procedures, regulations or standards of conduct.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Observing and reporting resident responses to medication
• Identifying and promptly communicating adverse drug reactions
• Maintaining narcotic records accurately within scope of practice
• Ordering or arranging for ordering of pharmaceuticals
• Current License as RN
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• CPR certification required
• Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and must be able to assume a flexible work schedule
• Position includes weekend hours