Company Description: The Berkshire Meadows Programs provide residential, special education, and day habilitation services for children, adolescents, and young adults who have developmental disabilities including significant cognitive, physical, and medical disabilities. Services are provided in an attractive campus setting in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, as well as several community-based homes.
Direct Care Residential Counselor
High School or Equivalent
Up to One Year
Nice to have
Berkshire Meadows is seeking full-time direct care staff for our Residential Program. Help the most kind and caring individuals with their daily routines. In addition you will be assisting them with communication, choice making, social skills, relationship building and recreational and leisure activities in a residential setting. Applicant must be willing to establish clear professional boundaries, work as a team member and consistently implement all policies and procedures, rules and regulations of JRI. Some of the duties include monitoring individuals, administrative duties, goal setting with individuals, transportation of individuals, documentation, organizational and communication skills.
Shift: 3PM – 11PM (Holiday and weekend shifts are required)
What you get:
• To positively make a difference in the lives of others
• Get paid for an 8-hour day but only work 7.5 hrs (1/2 paid break)
• Work hard, play hard - generous Paid Time Off (plus 11 paid holidays) – starting within the
first year (over 150 hrs)
• Low cost health insurance (BCBS). Over 76% covered health or an additional $1 hour
alternative option participation.
• 100% dental insurance (including family plan) – no cost to you
* Vision Plan
• 401k (match up to $800 per calendar year)
• Company sponsored pension plan – you might not care now but you will when it matters
• Tuition Reimbursement - up to $3,600 per year
• Life insurance, STD/LTD, Supplemental Life/AD&D
• And much, much more . . . Join us to find out!
• High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
• Experience working with special needs population helpful
• Meet programs requirements for background checks
• Able to work with minimal supervision at times
• Acceptable Driving Record check and a valid driver’s license