Company Description: The Berkshire Meadows Programs provide residential, special education, and day habilitation services for children, adolescents, and young adults who have developmental disabilities including significant cognitive, physical, and medical disabilities. Services are provided in an attractive campus setting in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, as well as several community-based homes.
Residential Counselor - Direct Care
High School or Equivalent
Up to One Year
Nice to have
Full-time positions. Work directly with children or adults with complex medical, intellectual and developmental differences. Daily work includes the development of communication, choice making, and keeping individuals safe, engaged and active. Maintain and preform appropriate housekeeping, dietary, and laundry responsibilities. Participate in planning and implementing leisure time activities. Provide notes and documentation. Positively make a difference in the lives of others and get a steady income.
• Great team atmosphere
• Paid Training including First Aid & CPR Certification
• Work 7.5 hrs and get paid for 8 hours (1/2 paid break)
• Over 150 hrs PAID Hours off in your 1st year (including 11 paid holidays)
• Low cost health insurance (BCBS). Over 76% covered health or an additional $1 hour
in you pay if you have alternative option participation.
• 100% dental insurance (including family plan) – no cost to you
* Vision Plan
• 401k (match up to $800 per calendar year)
• Company sponsored pension plan – right away (Ask your parents - it matters!)
• Tuition Reimbursement - up to $4,000 per year
• Life insurance, STD/LTD, Supplemental Life/AD&D
And much, much more including feeling fulfilled and useful. . . Join us to find out!
• High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
• Experience working with special needs population helpful, not necessary
• Meet programs requirements for background checks
• Able to work with minimal supervision at times
• Acceptable Driving Record check and a valid driver’s license