Company Description: Toole Companies is comprised of four hotel properties in the Berkshires. Owned and operated by a native Berkshire county family, The Courtyard by Marriott Lenox Berkshires, Yankee Inn and Hampton Inn & Suites in Lenox, and Yankee Suites Extended Stays in Pittsfield, all focus on exemplary customer service and guest satisfaction.
Food & Beverage Manager
To Commensurate With Experience
Hotel & Restaurant
High School or Equivalent
The F&B manager role requires your oversight of the daily breakfast, dinner, and catering operations of the Bistro, including all staffing, payroll, inventory, procurement, safety, training, brand standard and owner requirements and benchmarks of the department. You will maintain regular and direct correspondence with the sales department to ensure maximum event and group catering revenue and profitability. You will be responsible for setting up, servicing and breaking down all events and functions requiring food and beverage service. You will also be assisting the General Manager in all other administrative capacities including training, brand standards and quality assurance audits. You will help drive the hotel's success in guest and employee satisfaction and financial performance. You will help support the execution of the brand service strategy and brand standards and initiatives. Finally, this role required you to remain engaged with all other department managers and staff and remain available to cover shifts in the kitchen, at the bar, at the register and at events and functions, as needed.
• Conduct monthly food and beverage inventories.
• Prudently requisition food, liquor, beer and wine in keeping with department profitability guidelines.
• Judiciously maintain all paper and plastic goods, supplies and equipment at par levels.
• Monitor and reduce spoilage and adapt purchasing to minimize all forms of spoilage and waste.
• Achieve mastery of the Micros POS system and its FOSSE interface. Ensure taxing and mapping standardization.
• Efficiently manage and produce the weekly schedule of Front of House and Back of House staffing in accordance
with business needs.
• Maintain accurate and timely reporting of tip and service fee payouts, by employee, at the end of each payroll
• Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen, food storage areas, and equipment according to brand and
federal food safety regulations.
• Work seamlessly with the Sales Manager to price and quote food and beverage services, coordinate logistics, set
up, serve and break down all catered groups and events.
• Help maximize profitability by analyzing menu and catering pricing relative to cost of goods sold.
• Monitor final billing from groups and events to ensure accuracy.
• Take part in the creative process of the all F&B related marketing collateral and advertisements.
• Fill in for Bistro Attendant shifts when occupancies slow and/or to cover for call outs.
• Fill in for Bistro Cook shifts when occupancies slow and/or to cover for call outs.
• Be available to work on weekends, if necessary.
• Perform all additional tasks as requested by General Manager.
• Be involved in F&B budgeting and P&L review.
• Comply with company’s policies, procedures, training, work instructions, and code of conduct.