Assistant Billing Manager Job Opening in Berkshire County, MA
Job Type: Temp to Perm, Direct Hire for Perfect Candidate!
Salary: $24/hour + depending on experience
Hours: Full-time, 8:30a-4:30p
TEC is recruiting for an Assistant Billing Manager to join a local Community Behavioral Health Organization. The Assistant Billing Manager works with the billing manager in overseeing the operations of the billing office and serves as the primary backup; assists with direct and indirect coordination of billing staff and assists with setup and use of the electronic billing system. The assistant billing manager will be analytical, detail-oriented, flexible and have good interpersonal, judgment and communication skills.
- Acquires and maintains a current working knowledge of billing practices and changes in behavioral health reimbursement and billing procedures; AR+ billing and software set ups; and transmitting and payment of claims.
- Assists with coordination of billing staff, as assigned.
- Assists in the development and management of agency billing policies/procedures.
- Assists in providing training to clinical support staff on follow-up on enrollment, eligibility and third party and private collections issues.
- Assists in maintaining and managing all billing system parameters to ensure accurate, timely billing submission.
- Communicates with payers to determine the following: verification of benefits that are applicable to services being rendered, authorization requirements and behavioral health specific claim submission requirements
- Utilizes applicable software and insurer reports to verify the completeness and accuracy of claims data. Follow up on claims errors and denials.
- Verifies client pay source eligibility through state resources and insurance carriers, when applicable.
- Maintains relevant billing related files, records and logs when applicable.
- Performs all billing follow-through functions, as necessary.
- Assists in overseeing collection activity and payment application.
- Advises billing manager of individual account resolution issues or payer specific claim payment related issues.
- Attends payer-specific billing related meetings and trainings as required.
- Facilitates a positive and constructive work environment with other managers within the administrative offices and organization.
- Provide primary coverage for billing manager.
- Effectively problem solve and escalate for resolution to management, billing company or payer when necessary.
- Prioritize individual and staff work and apply judgment in various situations and coordinate staff on projects and other work.
- Ensure that task completion is in compliance with applicable policies, laws and regulations.
- High attention to detail and able to work independently, with little direct supervision.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of the organization, clients and payer representatives.
- Multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Associates or higher degree preferred or significant relevant experience.
- 3-5 years recent experience in billing, claims processing and follow-up in an outpatient healthcare setting, preferably behavioral health; experience with claims research and collections, CPT/ICD10 codes. Outpatient behavioral health experience strongly preferred.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a management or coordinator position strongly preferred.
- Strong experience with automated billing and accounts receivable software.
- Proficiency with applications such as MS word and excel required.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Offender Record Information check (CORI).
- Ability to pass a Driver’s license check (RMV).