This is an office-based position and will require you to physically report to our amazing office in Pittsfield.
The Wayfair Opportunity:
At Wayfair, we believe a phenomenal customer experience combined with a supportive employee structure has resulted in our award-winning Customer Service Team. This isn't just about taking another phone call- this is about empowering our customers to create spaces reflecting who they are, what they need, and what they value. You'll play a crucial role by providing a best in class experience when it's most needed. Wayfair will give you the training, tools, and decision-making ability to help our customers find solutions that work best for them.
You will empathetically help customers navigate a variety of post-order issues such as: shipping questions, damages, returns, replacements, assembly services and order notifications. No scripts. No canned responses. These are true human to human interactions where you can make a meaningful impact. Wayfair will invest in you with continuous development, career opportunities, and will surround you with a team of great people.
What Does a Service Associate Do?:
- Demonstrates Reliability: Attendance and commitment to being present for your full shift each day is crucial. This helps ensure we're ready and available to help our customers when they need us most. For unexpected events or issues, we require our associates to be proactive in their communication and planning whenever possible.
- Handles a High Volume of Contacts: You will handle an estimated 50-60 phone calls per shift. This is a fast paced environment and highly structured. There is little down time in this position as you are typically on back to back calls during your shift.
- Meets Our High Performance Bar: You'll work to exceed customer satisfaction, excel in meeting customer service efficiency metrics, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Engages Customers: You'll need a passion for people. You'll be the voice of Wayfair and work to build a relationship with customers who contact us by inbound phone call, chats, and emails. Topics can range from returns, replacements, delivery, product availability, order status, and more.
- Listens Actively and Shows Empathy: You will actively listen to understand relevant customer information to find the best way to solve their problem quickly and thoroughly.
- De-Escalates Customer Concerns: Most customers contact us because they've had a problem and need your help. You will use your conflict management skills to balance the needs of the customer with the options from the business while always maintaining a professional composure.
- Problem Solves: Solutions aren't a one-size-fits-all approach so customer service associates do not read from pre-populated scripts. You will be given a level of autonomy to help customers find the right solution. You'll need to think analytically to solve customer problems in a first contact resolution approach.
- Multitasks: You'll need to juggle navigating multiple browsers, tabs, tools, and screens in order to quickly and effectively answer questions. The ideal customer service representative will be familiar with computers and can effectively navigate technology on a daily basis.
- Escalates Systemic Issues: Help us continuously improve. You'll identify areas where improvement is needed and share those trends with leadership.
What are the Pay & Benefits?
- Hourly Pay Rate: $16.00 (tenure increases starting as early as 6 months)
- Quarterly Performance Bonuses (up to $2,000)
- Referral Bonus ($500 per eligible referral)
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurances (coverage starts on Day 1!)
- Paid Time Off (start accruing time immediately)
- 7 Paid Federal Holidays and 1 Floating Holiday
- Paid / Unpaid Parental Leave options
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%
- Eligible Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5,250)
- Wayfair Employee Discount
- Volunteer Day for Community Service (Paid Day Off)
PERKS: Our Pittsfield office is a newly renovated, open concept, green friendly workspace offering:
- Free fresh fruit, snacks and gourmet coffee
- On-site kitchens and wellness rooms
- Ample parking and dedicated BRTA bus stop
- 4 single-suite gender neutral bathrooms