The Campus Health and Safety Associate supports the Campus Safety and Guest Services teams to strive for a safe environment for our guests and staff.
The role is responsible for proactively identifying risks as part of their daily rounds around a large campus and recommending solutions as part of our organization's ongoing commitment to safety.
The ideal candidate should be professional, friendly, and helpful in all situations. They must have the ability to remain calm in times of stress, medical, or other emergencies. The candidate should have effective communication and listening skills. The ability to work individually without assistance as well as part of a team is essential.
- Works with Safety, Operations, Facilities, and Guest Services to support guests while promoting a safe campus for all.
- Educates and informs on safe practices as it may relate to health and safety concerns
- Patrols all buildings, parking lots and property and occasionally monitors the camera, identifying risks and noting unusual occurrences and notifying appropriate parties as needed.
- Greets on campus visitors and vendors in a welcoming manner, and requests they sign in and any other appropriate verification; ensures appropriate parties are notified that visitors and vendors are onsite.
- Responds to and documents accidents/incidents; completes detailed reports by the end of every shift.
- Monitors alarm systems in all buildings, respond to all emergencies, and initiate evacuation procedures as outlined in the Kripalu Safety Associates Handbook when needed.
- Assists with first aid for guest and staff, but only provides treatment within scope of training. Notifies appropriate outside agencies if additional treatment is needed.
- Assists guests with room and safe lockouts.
- Provides transportation to vehicles, buildings and other areas on campus as needed or during in-climate weather conditions.
- Performs basic maintenance and housekeeping and guest services duties as needed
- Assists Police, Fire, and EMS with emergencies
- Participates in required trainings and re-certifications as necessary for your role.
- Assists and supports other departments as requested
Ability to work weekends and occasional holidays.
Flexible for callouts and vacation coverage.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive environment.
- Possesses strong core ethics, integrity, and values consistent with Kripalu’s organizational principles.
- Builds effective relationships, identifies internal and external customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical, mutually beneficial recommendations, solutions, and ideas.
- Willingness and ability to be agile in work, supporting across own department as well as across the organization as needed.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to established standards, remaining current regarding development and trends in areas of expertise.
- Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
- Accepts responsibility for personal and professional learning and growth.
- Models the values of Kripalu including service, presence, inquiry, compassion, practice, and integrity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years prior Campus Safety or experience preferably on a large campus.
- Acceptable writing and reporting skills.
- Solid ability to use Microsoft office programs, including Word and Outlook.
- CPR/First Aide Certificate (Will provide)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
RETENTION BENEFIT (After 90 days of employment)
PART TIME BENEFITS (Start Day One of Employment, Depending on Hours Worked)
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Short-and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plans
- Staff Yoga Classes
- Opportunity to Participate in Kripalu Programs
- Free Meals in the Kripalu Dining Hall
- Discounted Purchases in the Kripalu Shop and Healing Arts
- Eligible for Paid Sick Leave