Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
Adjunct Practical Nursing Clinical Instructor
Letters of application are being accepted for the position of practical nursing clinical adjunct instructor. Instructors are scheduled Monday through Friday 0730 to 1400 daily. Schedule is flexible regarding number of days worked and an occasional Saturday or evening may be required. Previous teaching experience is not required. All instructors must meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing (BoRN) as outlined in 244 CMR 6.04(2)(b). These standards are available on their website www.mass.gov/dp/boards/rn. This position requires a current Massachusetts RN license.
1. Knowledge of the BoRN curriculum requirements.
2. Current Massachusetts RN license.
3. Completion of BSN or higher degree.
4. Current relevant clinical experience in subacute/rehab or acute medical/surgical nursing and/or specialty area (i.e. Mental Health, Obstetrics, etc).
5. Current AHA BLS- CPR Professional certification at the health-care provider level
6. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, teach and evaluate clinical medical-surgical nursing and other specialty areas in the clinical setting.
2. Develop, implement, and revise the standards based practical nursing curriculum in accordance with state and national standards.
3. Clinical nursing adjunct faculty to teach at off-campus clinical instruction sites.
4. Assume the obligations ordinarily associated with the teaching profession.
In accordance with the School District Agreement.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, Massachusetts 01247