Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
Special Education Paraprofessional
Letters of application are being accepted for the position of special education paraprofessional. Applicants should have an associate degree or other evidence of highly qualified status such as the para-pro examination and experience working with adolescents with significant special needs. Experience with technical/vocational education is preferred. Applicants should have the strong desire to work collaboratively to promote inclusion of adolescents in a technical high school setting.
1. Knowledge of instruction and individual learning styles.
2. Knowledge of technology assisted teaching techniques.
3. Knowledge of team teaching methods.
4. Knowledge of MCAS standards and requirements.
5. Knowledge of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and classroom accommodations.
6. Knowledge of the Massachusetts curriculum frameworks.
7. Knowledge of formal and informal student assessment techniques.
8. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with individual students to reinforce learning under the direction of a teacher.
2. Assist students in utilizing educational technology.
3. Support students in a variety of technical programs under the supervision of a technical instructor.
4. Facilitate individual student’s participation in inclusive classroom settings under the direction of a classroom teacher.
5. Assist with non-instructional activities such as supervision of lunchrooms, assemblies, and class trips.
6. Participate in professional development programs as assigned.
7. Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
8. Perform other related duties as requested by the director of student services.
In accordance with the School District Policy.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, Massachusetts 01247