Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
Letters of application are being accepted for the position of science/physics instructor. All applicants must be licensed or licensable by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, (DESE) as a physics teacher (9-12). Teacher license standards and curriculum frameworks are available at the DESE website (www.doe.mass.edu). Applicants should be familiar with the SkillsUSA standards (www.skillsusa.org) and the Project Lead the Way (PLTW) standards (www.pltw.org). Applicants must be able to teach all aspects of the DESE physics curriculum and have the ability to work with young adults. Applicants are responsible for ensuring assessment data is analyzed and used to evaluate and improve curriculum and instruction. The ability to adapt and implement change is crucial.
1. Knowledge of instructional techniques and individual learning styles.
2. Knowledge of technology assisted teaching techniques and internet based research.
3. Knowledge of the DESE Next Generation Science Standards.
4. Knowledge of formal and informal student assessment techniques.
5. Knowledge of MCAS standards and requirements.
6. Knowledge of the SkillsUSA and PLTW curricula.
7. Knowledge of the Massachusetts Model System for Educator Evaluation.
8. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implement the DESE physics curriculum frameworks.
2. Develop and implement a standards based physics curriculum including daily lesson plans.
3. Ensure data is used to improve curriculum and instruction.
4. Implement the SkillsUSA and the PLTW curricula.
5. Development and implement MCAS instructional programs
6. Create a safe classroom environment conducive to student learning.
7. Assume the obligations ordinarily associated with the teaching profession.
8. Ability to transport students in school vehicle(s).
In accordance with the School District Agreement.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, Massachusetts 01247