Company Description: The mission of the Northern Berkshire Community Coalition is "Empowering the Northern Berkshire region to enhance the quality of life through our efforts at connecting, convening, and supporting all facets of the community." For the past 33 years the nbCC has brought people together and worked with the community to create programs that address local issues.
Program Support Associate
The nbCC Program Support Associate will provide support in planning, implementation, facilitation, and outreach for the various focus areas, programs, and activities of the Coalition.
Hours: 1 FTE
Reports to: Office Coordinator
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Responsibilities: (include, though not limited to)
• Attend Coalition workgroup, task force, advisory/steering committee, and/or other meetings to assist in taking meeting minutes, participating in planning processes, as well as support the overall function of the meeting, as needed.
• Available to Coordinators and the Executive Director to support the planning, implementation, facilitation and outreach for any programs or activities of the Coalition, as needed. For example:
o Voices for Recovery event
o Neighborhood/Parent groups
o Coalition monthly forums
o Prevention Needs Assessment results, outreach meetings with schools
• Responsible for maintaining and updating community bulletin boards, as well as flyering community locations and outreach to neighborhoods regarding nbCC programming and events.
• Outreach, engagement, and connections for the community with nbCC and its programs.
• Ensure that the principals of health equity, anti-racism, and community-driven decision making are integrated into every aspect of the work.
• Assist the Family Support & Neighborhood Coordinator and Executive Director with the UNO Community Center, as needed.
o Weekly check-ins about needed supplies for the UNO Center, report to supervisor.
o Supporting the facilitation and implementation of programming, including attendance, as needed.
o Reminder phone calls to program participants, when required.
o Check-ins with program facilitators a week before programs and provide sign in sheets and program evaluations
• Responsible for the coordinating and facilitation of the UNO Steering Committee meetings.
o Meeting Minutes
• Assist with the Bike Collective program at nbCC, as needed.
o Provide support for open hours
o Help with information and data collection for the bike collective
o Provide support for planning and implementing Bike Collective events
• Assist the Coordinator of Prevention & Recovery with the Beacon Recovery Community Center program, as needed.
o Attendance at meetings, hosting/facilitating (via Zoom or in-person)
o Planning & implementing events and programs
• Associates Degree with a minimum 2 years of related experience
• Bilingual, a plus
• Knowledge of local community resources and community-based providers, state human service systems, and familiarity with local school districts and key players.
• Comfort with public speaking, convening, and facilitation skills.
• Experience and comfort working with all types of people in a variety of groups.
• Cultural competency.
• Commitment to working in the community to help address key issues.
• Demonstrated maturity and self-awareness as it relates to working 1:1 with individuals in the community.
• Understanding and compassion for the needs, limitations, barriers, and capacities of the identified population.
• Excellent time management, attention to details, organizational skills, and ability to problem solve.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Creativity and initiative in developing activities and programs.
• Ability to understand concepts of confidentiality and privacy.
• Technical capacity and comfort with computer.
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
• Valid driver’s license and insured automobile. Ability and willingness to drive in inclement weather and in rural locations in the northern Berkshire region, as well as attend trainings and mandatory meetings as required by funders.
• This is an active role, including but not limited to the following activities: lifting and carrying objects and materials; rearranging furniture as needed for events and programming on site and in the community at a variety of locations.
• Flexibility in scheduling with availability for some evenings and weekends, as needed.