Company Description: Child Care of the Berkshires is a large not-for profit, early care and family support agency, operating a variety of programs throughout Berkshire County, including child care centers, a network of family child care homes, home visiting programs, parent child playgroups, parent education and skill building programs.
Its mission is to promote and strengthen families through the provision of high quality child care services to families whose parents are working or in training or, for any number of reasons, cannot adequately care for the children as well as other types of social and educational services which directly affect families and their well being.
Child Care of the Berkshires employs approximately 75 staff persons and its operating budget is approximately $5 million dollars. Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, with a longstanding commitment to increasing the diversity of the employee community.
Bilingual Family Home Visitor
$16 Per Hour
High School or Equivalent
Parenting experience/ early childhood educator - Preference: Preferred
SEEKING BILINGUAL SPANISH/ENGLISH FAMILY HOME VISITOR, Healthy Families Program
Pittsfield Office, 24 hours per week (four days)
We are working in our offices, however our trainings and visits are virtual at this time
The bilingual family home visitor will conduct weekly or bi-weekly virtual home visits to young parents throughout Berkshire County to provide pregnancy and parenting support and education. Participants live throughout Berkshire County.
• Providing parent education through individual home visits using parent education curriculum and providing strength-based support to young parent families.
• Documenting accurately, legibly, and succinctly participant contacts, including inputting information in a web-based database.
• Maintaining participant charts and all required written and electronic documentation.
• Assisting with planning and facilitating parent education and parent/child groups.
• Advocating for young parents and their needs and making referrals to other services as needed.
• Providing a variety of support to young families including, but not limited to, parenting skill development, health education, nutrition counseling, pregnancy/labor and delivery education, breast feeding support, stress management, assessment of home safety.
• Partnering with program supervisor to participate in weekly reflective supervision
• Assisting with the gathering of data and other information as required by funding sources and the lead agency.
Experience as a parent, as well as relevant experience in parenting education and/or human services is preferred as well as experience working with young parents and young children is highly desirable. Knowledge of child development, particularly for ages 0-3 years, is desirable. Must have the ability to establish supportive, non-judgmental rapport with families, and demonstrate good listening skills. Must be able maintain a professional relationship with families, professionals, and other agencies. Must have good communication skills and be able to work with families from diverse backgrounds. Must be able to document information accurately and have working knowledge of computers and word processing, as well as skill in standard office equipment. Must be comfortable using virtual platforms such as Zoom, Facebook Messenger etc. to provide virtual visits with families, and to attend trainings/webinars/meetings. Must have the ability to structure time and responsibilities independently and an ability to plan and implement individualized activities to occur in participant’s homes. Must be able to travel to homes (in the future) and other community resources in order to provide services to families. Must have good physical health in order to meet the demands of home visiting, physically holding and carrying infants and young children, car seats, scales, etc. Must be able to successfully complete Criminal Background Information Record Check, Sexual Offender Record Check and Motor Vehicle Record Check. Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalency. Must be interested in participating in training and professional development. Bilingual Spanish-English candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
SALARY RANGE: $16.00/hour with pro-rated dental insurances, paid time off, and professional development
CONTACT: For consideration, send letter of interest and resume that outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to: Child Care of the Berkshires, P. O. Box 172, North Adams, MA 01247 or email email@example.com
CHILD CARE OF THE BERKSHIRES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WITH A LONGSTANDING COMMITMENT TO INCREASING THE DIVERSITY OF THE EMPLOYEE COMMUNITY.