The Toddler Teacher will work in the classroom as part of the teaching team to plan and implement an exciting and nurturing developmentally appropriate curriculum for a group of young children. S/he will be responsible for planning and implementing enriching activities and opportunities as part of a literacy based curriculum, writing progress reports, overseeing positive parent involvement, and supervising support staff. WE ARE WILLING TO TRAIN.
• B.A. or A.A. in Early Childhood Education preferred. EEC Teacher Qualified for Infant/Toddlers strongly preferred.
• Consistently able to come to work 5 days per week, 8 hours per day (with a paid half-hour break) is REQUIRED
• Minimally 9 months experience and child development class preferred.
• Must demonstrate dependability, maturity and flexibility.
• Must demonstrate nurturing skills with children, cooperativeness with adults and commitment to professional development.
• Understands and implements developmentally appropriate practices for toddler-aged children.
• Must be in good health, free of contagious disease, and have up-to-date immunizations.
SALARY RANGE: $14.00 - $16.00/hour, with benefits (health, dental, holiday/sick/vacation, 403b retirement plan, paid lunch break)
CONTACT: Send resume and letter of interest that outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to: Child Care of the Berkshires, P.O. Box 172, North Adams, MA 01247 or email email@example.com
Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer,
with a longstanding commitment to increasing the diversity of the employee community.