Company Description: Child Care of the Berkshires is a large not-for profit, early care and family support agency, operating a variety of programs throughout Berkshire County, including child care centers, a network of family child care homes, home visiting programs, parent child playgroups, parent education and skill building programs.
Its mission is to promote and strengthen families through the provision of high quality child care services to families whose parents are working or in training or, for any number of reasons, cannot adequately care for the children as well as other types of social and educational services which directly affect families and their well being.
Child Care of the Berkshires employs approximately 75 staff persons and its operating budget is approximately $5 million dollars. Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, with a longstanding commitment to increasing the diversity of the employee community.
Assistant Program Director
$16.50 - $18.50 Per Hour
EEC Director Certification - Preference: Preferred
TITLE: Assistant Program Director
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Director, Monument Square Early Childhood Center, North Adams
The Assistant Program Director is responsible for case management and support services to all families enrolled in the Monument Square Early Childhood Center. S/he oversees the implementation of a developmentally appropriate child directed, literacy based curriculum for the Monument Square Center; communicates curriculum based information to parents. Promotes learning by all children in all classrooms, and documents outputs and outcomes. The deliverance of a high quality early education and care program for infants, toddlers and preschoolers is the primary goal.
• A.A. or B.A./B.S. in early childhood education and/or meet the criteria of EEC for Director 1.
• An advanced degree and two years of supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of management, including planning, organizing, directing, motivating, prioritizing, and decision-making.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written form and oral expression.
• Knowledge of child-oriented, literacy-based curriculum development and implementation.
• Able to implement quality assurance practices, including QRIS and NAEYC accreditation.
• Knowledge of the principle, practice and techniques of supervision and employee relations.
• Ability to establish rapport with persons from different ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds.
• Ability to adjust to changing program requirements.
SALARY/WORK YEAR: This is a 37.5 hour per week position. The Center is open year-round, 7:30am – 5:30pm. Salary range is $16.50 to $18.50 an hour.
POSTING DATE: September 10, 2019
CLOSING DATE: September 24, 2019
CONTACT: For consideration, send letter of interest and resume that outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to: Child Care of the Berkshires, P. O. Box 172, North Adams, MA 01247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CHILD CARE OF THE BERKSHIRES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WITH A LONGSTANDING COMMITMENT TO INCREASING THE DIVERSITY OF THE EMPLOYEE COMMUNITY.