Berkshire Hotels Group
430 Main Street
Additional Business Name: FAIRFIELD INN - WILLIAMSTOWN
EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER - FAIRFIELD INN WILLIAMSTOWN
To Commensurate With Experience
North Adams, Adams, Williamstown
Hotel & Restaurant
High School or Equivalent
REPORTS TO: General Manager
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY: Room attendants, House-persons, Laundry Personnel
Purpose for the Position: To manage all facets of the Housekeeping Department ensuring high levels of cleanliness, guest service and satisfaction throughout the hotel. This includes guestrooms, hallways, lobbies, public areas, rest areas, laundry, storage and work areas.
1. Supervises housekeeping and laundry staff: hiring, terminating, performance evaluations, training and development.
2. Assists general manager in the development of the department's annual budget. Monitors performance against plan.
3. Establishes and maintains cost control systems for staffing, inventories, (linen, terry, OS&E and cleaning supplies.
4. Enforces policies and procedures.
5. Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
6. Schedules staff according to labor standards and forecasted business levels.
7. Prepares daily assignment sheets for all housekeeping and laundry associates.
8. Maintains cleanliness quality based on hotel objectives.
9. Monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in event areas, storage areas, restrooms and public areas and offices.
10. Compiles and reports accurate status of "the house" to the front desk department.
11. Works with the Security Office to enforce standard procedures for the acceptance, security and return on guest lost and found items.
12. Maintains standard procedures for security of rented and leased equipment.
13. Maintains productivity and labor cost goals.
14. Works with finance to conducts formal inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
15. Orders and receives supplies so as to maintain adequate inventory levels.
16. Checks all vacant rooms and spaces, public spaces, storage areas and rest areas each day.
17. Maintains departmental key control.
18. Maintains deep cleaning program.
19. Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
20. Conducts monthly department meetings.
21. Attends weekly staff meetings.
22. Complete projects as determined by the General Manager.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
• Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
• Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
• Analyze and interpret established policies.
• Understand the government regulations covering business operation.
• Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts as well as on your own experience and personal opinions.
• See differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs.
• Deal with the general public, customers, associates, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.