Performs all phases of producing parts in CNC mill or lathe within quality, time and cost standards and requests parts for further finishing by performing the following job requirements.
1. Set up, operate and assist/edit programming of the mill or lathe to perform a combination of machining operations such as milling, tapping facing, turning, boring, threading, drilling, reaming, broaching, knurling metal work pieces to specifications.
2. Set up and operate production machines to produce parts in accordance with established standards and guidelines.
3. Review set up sheets and specifications to determine program sequence, set up operation and dimensions of finished work piece.
4. Insert cutting tools/tool holders and position tools on turret.
5. Verify accuracy of machined work pieces against blueprints or engineering drawings by measuring cuts with inspection tooling and gages.
6. Inspect produced parts for faultiness and report flaws immediately to management.
7. Make adjustments in the program and tooling as needed to achieve correct specification.
8. Run secondary operations on another machine when time allows.
9. Read and interpret blueprints and operations sheets to determine appropriate operations to be performed.
10. Aid management in scheduling work load to save time.
11. Report any discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
12. Perform regular daily maintenance on equipment, tools, gages and keep work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
13. Comply with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations.
14. Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with job being performed.