Registered Nurse Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates comprehensive care for all patients.
- Provide relevant patient education, both written and verbally, including education during the initial pregnancy visit, post-operative and post-partum.
- Make patient appointments, as necessary, and coordinate timely scheduling of appointments for ancillary services and specialty referrals.
- Respond to patient emergencies, within the scope of RN license.
- Screen, triage and responds to patients inquires via by telephone, EMR messages or walk-in; approve same day visits when appropriate; assist with referrals to area specialists; PT-1 forms; patient education; supervising medical assistants as needed.
- Assist physicians in all procedures requiring nursing level support; administers immunizations as well as allergy shots; manage requests for prescription medication; process laboratory results, pull charts, review and hold partials- flagging abnormal for provider review and filing normal; contacting patients with results as directed; chart all procedures performed.
- Assist with running daily controls on equipment; assist in charting for quality assurance (HCG, strep, sickle cell, urinalysis dipstick, etc.); ensures that billing codes are correct; other routine office duties as requested.
- Assists with rooming patients as necessary to maintain patient flow.
- Answers staff questions within scope of practice.
- Provides staff training as assigned by the Practice Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent multi-tasking, communication and organization skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to understand people and situations.
- Ability to provide people-centered care.
- Ability to improve nursing quality.
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An RN/ and/or a BSN from an accredited school of nursing are required.
- Current BLS certification.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an ambulatory setting is preferred. Recent experience in the medical office/outpatient preferred.
- Electronic medical records experience is required. Experience with Athena is a plus.
- Licensed as a RN by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.