Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Summary: The RN Clinical Supervisor triages patients by telephone or walk-in to determine the urgency and level of care needed. The RN Clinical Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Practice Manager in the supervision of clinical support staff working within the office and for assisting in patient care under the guidance of CHP Physicians. Duties will be performed as assigned and allowed under their license. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
RN-Lead Nurse Supervisor Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Triage patients both by telephone or walk-in; approve same day visits when appropriate; assist with referrals to area specialists; PT-1 forms; patient education; supervising medical assistants as needed.
• Assist physicians in all procedures requiring nursing level support; administers immunizations as well as allergy shots; manage requests for prescription medication; process laboratory results, pull charts, review and hold partials- flagging abnormal for provider review and filing normal; contacting patients with results as directed; chart all procedures performed.
• Assist with running daily controls on equipment; assist in charting for quality assurance (HCG, strep, sickle cell, urinalysis dipstick, etc.); ensures that billing codes are correct; other routine office duties as requested.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
• Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance; confidence in leading and instructing others; ability to delegate effectively
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
• Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position requires graduation of an accredited school for Registered Nursing.
• A minimum of three years’ experience in an ambulatory setting is preferred. Electronic medical records experience is required. CPR certification is a plus.
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s):
• Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Boxcar Media, LLC North Adams, MA 01247 Tel: 413-663-3384 / Fax: 413-664-4251 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org