Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
$1500 Sign on Bonus!! CMA or EMT-FT w/fabulous benefits, 40 hrs Lee, MA
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
CMA - Preference: Preferred
CHP is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant or a Licensed Practical Nurse in our Lee primary care office. The Medical Assistant’s primary responsibility is to assist in the delivery of health care and patient care management for the primary care practice. This will include actively participating and supporting the primary care teams with these efforts. The MA or LPN behaves in a professional manner, and consistently demonstrates and promotes the values and mission of CHP. The MA or LPN will work with and receive supervision from the practice manager, physicians, nurse practitioners.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Must have medical protocols/competencies reviewed yearly by CHP’s Supervising RN or clinical trainer.
• Strong ability to multi-task.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional client/patient situations;
• Responds promptly to patient needs;
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service;
• Responds to requests for service and assistance;
• Meets commitments and is punctual; strong work ethic.
• Follows policies and procedures;
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
• Supports organization's goals and values.
• Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/medical reception coverage.
• Maintains confidentiality;
• Keeps emotions under control.
• Professional, welcoming personality.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Oral and Written Communication:
• Responds well to questions.
• Takes careful and accurate notes.
• Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages.
• Composes/types letters if requested by administration.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Massachusetts Medical Assistant Certification or LPN License is required. Medical Office experience is a plus, Electronic record experience is a plus. CPR is required.
S/he must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills are a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and utilize Excel. Database skills are a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may be required to help lift a patient out of a wheelchair. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.