Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Mobile Health Unit Coordinator/ Van Driver
To Commensurate With Experience
Valid Drivers License - Preference: Required
The Mobile Health Unit Coordinator/Driver facilitates the overall services offered by the mobile unit. The Coordinator works closely with other department managers in creating the schedule for the mobile unit and its’ staff. The Coordinator is responsible for outreach, and promotion of all mobile unit activities and acts as point of contact with outside entities including ACO medical practices and community organizations. The coordinator maintains strong community partnerships across Berkshire County. The Coordinator helps assure that the delivery of high quality, cost efficient, culturally sensitive services comply with all federal, state and local agency policies and procedures. Additionally the coordinator is responsible for driving the mobile health unit to scheduled events.
• Develops and distributes written material on the mobile unit services and activities to the community and responds to community requests for information on services provided.
• Represents CHP, Berkshire Fallon ACO, and the mobile unit on community committees, and at outreach and community events.
• Coordinates quality assurance program for the mobile health unit.
• Acts as a liaison with schools and communities where services are provided.
• Conducts needs assessment and patient satisfaction surveys.
• Coordinates and publishes schedule for the mobile unit to ensure smooth operations.
• Plans and manages staffing of mobile unit employees, including medical and dental providers, nursing, outreach, patient services, dental staff, and drivers, in consultation with managers of those departments.
• Develops with supervisor work schedules and coordinates vacation time for mobile unit staff.
• Researches, plans and develops events from the conceptual stage, working closely with staff and other partnering organizations to ensure success.
• Coordinates activities with other supervisory personnel, and with other departments.
• Develops and maintains metrics reports to measure success of the events and sponsorships
• Researches areas of need and future mobile unit sites and identifies and contacts prospective new partners.
• Resolves customer complaints, and answers customers' questions regarding policies and procedures. • Prepares and submits reports based on findings and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Works with business partners to manage best practices to attain maximum benefit to the community and sponsors.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word. Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
• Risk Taker - Ability to take calculated risks or to stretch the limits of comfort zones.
• Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred.
Computer skills: Experience in Microsoft Windows environment. Publisher and EMR.
Driver’s License required.