Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Additional Business Name: Community Health Programs
EMR - ANALYST/TRAINER
To Commensurate With Experience
Summary: The Athena EMR Analyst/Trainer collaborates with CHP operations and clinical teams in the development and implementation of consistently applied medical records policies, processes, workflows, and updates. This includes training and troubleshooting issues. The Athena EMR trainer is the primary liaison between the Athena EMR software developer, IT support, and end users. Is responsible for conducting employee educational classes and supporting organizational training needs including EMR implementation; will work collaboratively to promote the needs of the practices. Monitors population to be trained, creates content for training and collateral materials. Willing to travel overnight for educational classes and to work non-standard and/or extended hours during peak periods of implementation/upgrade activity. The Athena EMR Analyst/Trainer demonstrates excellent customer service with their attitude and actions are at all times consistent with and supporting the CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
EMR Analyst/Trainer’s Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and provides comprehensive training sessions for new practice employees and existing users. Also provides training as new software upgrades or modules are introduced.
• Develops and provides topic-based specialized trainings for providers and practice employees as requested and/or needed.
• Develops and utilizes training materials required for classes, taking steps to ensure proper distribution of materials to trainees. Promotes training opportunities, including posting pertinent information on shared rives and the intranet for access by users.
• Develops and implements auditing tools to provide feedback on new hires and new training modules. Uses audits to identify training needs and opportunities to improve.
• Ensures that system upgrades and other changes, including the impact on specific functions and responsibilities are communicated to employees in a timely manner and that training documentation is updated as needed.
• Works closely with physicians and practice staff to analyze and document workflow, identify areas of improvement, and develop plans to implement improvements.
• Collects and documents end-user enhancement or template requests for prioritization.
• Recommends improvements for efficiency and accuracy to clinical information clinical and operations teams.
• Coordinates with IT liaison to support physicians and practice staff in the use of software, including researching help-desk tickets, determine end-user process errors, and forwarding technical errors.
• Coordinates with practice administration and operations to identify sources of consistent errors in utilizing the system and need for additional training sessions to correct errors.
• Incorporates HIPAA security regulations and patient confidentiality in training materials and sessions.
• In collaboration with HR, maintains EMR training policies and procedures as well as documentation of training by employees who use the Athena system.
• Maintains current knowledge of the EMR systems and knowledge of future enhancements.
• Ensures that training facilities and computers are in working order, cleaned, and organized before each training session.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Must have ability to write reports, business correspondence, and training manuals.
• Strong planning, organizing, and project management skills required.
• Demonstrate ability in adult learning principles and training methodologies.
• Significant experience in classroom-style training.
• Strong working knowledge of hospital /office operations in the organization.
• Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• LPN, RN and/or Bachelor's degree in health information management, information technology, or business administration preferred or a combination of education/experience.
• Two to three years clinical in a related healthcare operational role and/or knowledge of physician/hospital workflow.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the medical records field.
• Two to three years Athena training experience preferred. Informatics back ground a plus.
• Primary applications will require certification obtained within 6-months of taking class, secondary applications may be expected to complete proficiency.
• Prior experience in adult education and instructional design preferred.
• Must be willing to spend significant time leading classroom training and must be able to present material clearly and with confidence.
• Strong computing skills including a working knowledge of Word, Power Point, and Excel, web browsing, and email applications and/or a willingness to learn.