Lead Supervisors, Crew Leaders and Inspectors to deliver on safety, quality, inspection techniques and improvement projects. Main function is to manage the Quality System initiatives starting with inspection of materials and product to ensure conformity and then establishing methods of improvement in the Quality System implementation to reduce defects and reduce inspection requirements. Monitoring the metrics, evaluating opportunities to introduce lean and problem solving initiatives while preparing Supervisors for the next level of responsibility is a critical function of the role. Ensuring all personnel are adhering to standard operating procedures to ensure quality and repeatability of products. Additionally lead projects using tools of lean and other continuous improvement methods to reduce waste while improving quality.
PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure all team members are acting in a safe and responsible manner while on company property.
• Actively engage in safety initiatives to deliver a safe and effective working environment for all employees.
• Ensure team members are following proper procedures and methods as outlined by the Unistress Quality Management System to ensure the highest level of quality in all processes and outputs, investigate deviations for corrective action and implement as determined.
• Use proven methods of problem solving and lean manufacturing to safely improve quality and simplify processes
• Mentor leadership of Supervisors and Crew Leads to stimulate an empowered team of leaders on the manufacturing floor.
• Understand the requirements of the Unistress Quality System and ensure that matrixed team members are following the processes and methods outline in the QMS.
• Manage the efforts of the supervisory and crew lead teams to complete inspection and testing at a minimum of on time, on budget and to specifications.
• Solve problems that arise during the course of business or elevate the issues to management with a potential solution to be evaluated.
• Ensure team members are adhering to company policies, contract terms and objectives and address deviations using the company corrective and disciplinary action system.
• Act at all times with the highest level of integrity and honesty and apply the golden rule in daily activities (Treat others as you want to be treated!).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
• College degree in a discipline that supports excellent manufacturing or equivalent experience
• Experience leading Lean and Problem Solving initiatives across a manufacturing organization
• Experience leading Supervisors in a manufacturing environment
• Concrete processing knowledge is a plus but not required
• Strong leadership skills
• Proficiency with MS products: Outlook, word, excel, project.