The Staff Accountant will assist the Controller with the monthly closing process and production of financial statements, bank reconciliations, and implementation of inventory system interfacing with the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers.
• Construction Accounting Software – become lead point on software maintenance upgrades, establishing job cost, payroll, and equipment general ledger account coding, maintaining user accounts, software problem solving, and report development
• Oversee year end ACA filing
• Assist in audits with various outside auditors and accounting staff
• Assist the Controller with month-end closing process including general ledger account reconciliations, general ledger entries, and bank reconciliations
• Work with the Controller to further streamline closing process through automation tools and other process improvements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA or candidate a plus)
• 1-3 years of experience public accounting and/or business office (construction experience a plus)
• Working understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Strong work ethic, initiative, and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving