Williams is pleased to announce the position of Architectural Tradesperson. This is a full-time (40 hrs. /week), year-round position in the Facilities Department. As part of a skilled Architectural Trades team, you will be called upon to perform a wide array of challenging tasks. With a 2,400 square foot workshop, a work truck and state of the art tools, you will have the opportunity to create, repair and restore architectural elements of the over 200-year-old campus.
This position is responsible for the maintenance of campus building systems such as roofs, gutters, walls, doors, door hardware, windows, ceilings, security and access systems, stairways, decks, floors, campus signage, furniture repairs, wall coverings, scaffolding, drywall/plaster and traffic/pavement markings. The Architectural Tradesperson must maintain good working relations with campus faculty, staff, and students with professionalism toward a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds.
The Facilities Department is dedicated to providing excellent service to a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse staff. We are committed to building a diverse and talented community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups or who have experience working with a broadly diverse student population to apply.
• Complete work orders to ensure the ongoing care and enhancement of the Williams campus.
• Ability to work in different environments with an awareness of surroundings to ensure the safety of yourself and those around you.
• Erection of staging for special events
• Use of power equipment
• Shoveling of snow
• Participation in the on-call rotation as required and overtime as required
• Ability to lift and carry heavy objects up to 75 pounds with assistance
• Work on ladders and raised projects up to 70 ft in the air
• Work in inclement weather year-round
• Experience painting and finishing
• Knowledge of carpentry and experience with power tools
• Masonry/tile experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have a valid driver's license
Review of applications will begin July 28, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.