• Communicate with Previous shift and Oncoming shift Floor Person all pertinent information. (Color changes, startups, orders completed etc.)
• Review Work orders and Work Instructions to understand the tasks that must be completed
• Report to Supervision any problems (defects, mechanical breakdowns, resource needs)
• Supply operators with resources needed for their job.
• Maintain clean functional work area
• Maintain Mek tables
• Communicate with operators, supervision, processors, QC any vital information.
• Perform all actions adhering to the employee handbook and safety rules.
• Transfer all regrind to the grinding area
• Relieve operators as needed and to follow the job description of the press operator when doing so.
• Setup all equipment needed for jobs per work instructions
• Return all equipment to the designated areas when the jobs are completed.
• Cover all Gaylord’s of material.
• Wrap all finished product, label, and put it in the designated area.
• Conduct all Color changes
• Vacuum hoppers, dryers, hopper filters,
• Supply Mek tables as needed.
• Clean their work Space
• Break down all empty Gaylord’s.
• Complete all paperwork
• Perform occasional additional tasks as requested by supervision.
• Transfer in the computer all material, products, cartons, resources to the correct bin.
o Pass a forklift truck test
o Operate a press with minimal supervision
o Follow operator instruction forms
o Read and understand a work order
o Clean a hopper and dryer
• The Floor person is required to follow the operator instructions, bring all resources needed to the operator and communicate with all departments as needed.