Pittsfield Plastics Engineering, LLC (PPE), a privately held and leading injection molding company, is actively seeking a Maintenance Technician/Manager for Injection Molding. The successful candidate will be headquartered in Pittsfield, MA.
This position will report to the Plant Manager and is a vital part of the injection molding team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of successful injection mold maintenance experience and supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, specifically in machine troubleshooting and repair. The primary responsibility for the Maintenance Technician Manager is to assure our facility is run in a safe and efficient manner by repairing, maintaining, and monitoring injection molding and ancillary equipment by his staff.
• Install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain injection molding machinery, including mechanical and electrical components.
• Troubleshoot and install air, water, and hydraulic systems, including new pipes, hoses, valves, and manifolds.
• Install, modify, and program automatic and other ancillary machinery and equipment (robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers).
• Set up and pull injection molds (as required), and dictated, by the production schedule.
• Troubleshoot existing processes to maintain or improve quality parts by the use of process controls.
• Read blueprints, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics to troubleshoot machines.
• Support preventive and any maintenance programs for all equipment, including cleaning and lubrication of shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as temperature controllers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
• Supervise of three or more mechanical technicians.
QUALIFICATIONS (related to injection molding operations):
? Have at least 3-5 years of injection molding maintenance experience; preferably in a supervisory capacity.
? Good communication skills with senior management, and with staff of three or more technicians.
? Troubleshooting and repairing electrical, hydraulic pneumatic and mechanical systems.
? Installing and maintaining ancillary equipment related to injection molding operations;
? Knowledge of basic molding troubleshooting, including the ability to review a part and identify the source of the problem.
Must be able to work in a team environment, but also work independently. PPE offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including a 401k plan with Company match. Compensated overtime may be required periodically.