Perform general cleanup of the entire building
This Position Reports to: 1st shift supervisor /Plant Manager
Salary Type Hourly
Type of Position: Full Time
OT Eligible: Yes
Shift: 1st, 2nd ,3rd
Hours Per Week: 40 plus
• Perform general cleanup of all areas of the building.
• Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, and parking lot
• Remove garbage and recycling daily
• Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
• Wipe down machines
• Sweep and mop floors
• Vacuum all rugs
• Clean refrigerators weekly
• Empty all trash and recycling bins.
• Wash windows, walls and wipe down tables.
• Clean sinks, toilets
• Refill toilet paper and paper towel dispensers.
• Bring used cardboard to the dumpsters as needed.
• Clean up any water spills.
• Change the white oil pads as needed and be sure that they are put in the correct barrel for rag waste.
• Empty oil bins at the press and be sure the oil is put in the correct hazardous waste barrel for oil. Be sure to secure the top of the barrel when done.
• Perform occasional additional tasks as requested by supervision.
• The Janitor: is expected after an initial orientation and training period of 30 days, be able to:
o Work unsupervised on the task list
• The Janitor: is required to maintain designated areas.
Education: High School diploma/ Ged required
Work Experience: 2 years janitorial experience
Qualifications: Must be able to follow directions and work independently. Must be capable to lift up to 40 lbs.
Hard Skills: Floor scrubber, Oil spills